Dark shiny loose stool after eating ground turkey?

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gave him some ground all-natural turkey as a treat post-meal Mon. nite. He pooped awhile later & it was diarrhea like & kind of dark & wet. It also had a foul kind of smell to it. Still wet poop Tues. too. I threw the turkey all away Mon. nite. I wonder if it was bad? So, he hasn't pooped yet today but will let you guys know if it is still loose & wet. Anyone know why other than bad food?

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The ground meat sold at stores gathers a lot more bacteria than non-ground meat, if it was bought ground and fed raw, can be a bad bacteria.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you give it raw? If so, and if he’s never had raw before, it may be his stomach reacting to sudden change. But I also second what Tagrendy Tagrendy wrote, store bought ground meat can be too dangerous to be given raw because of surface bacteria. In which case vet visit is needed to decide what kind of infection he could get from it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What brand of ground turkey was it? Some brands add flavorings and other stuff to the ground meat. Any of those could have upset your cat's tummy.