Daily Thread for Friday

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Friday! I'm so excited. Doug and I are going on a couples retreat for church this weekend, and we're leaving this evening. I can't wait! The retreat is a marriage seminar kind of thing, so my husband isn't nearly as excited as me. But we're going to have a great time! My husband's brother and his wife are coming to stay at the house with the kids, so they'll be having an interesting time. They're quite a bit younger than us (9 years) and don't have kids, so they don't really know what they've gotten themselves into.

So today I have to get the house picked up, get a list of instructions ready for Josh and Michelle, and get packed. I'm so excited!!

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I tried to go to Red Lobster last night but the wait was 1hr 20min so we decided no and went for Chinese (I have been craving Red Lobster for months and was hoping to finally get the craving satisfied, oh well, there's always my birthday). Well, I get my hair done tomorrow and I'm so excited! My best friend is coming down from A&M and Saturday night we are all supposed to go out. So I'll get a new do and show it off in the same day! I feel like today is going to go by so slow; probably because I'm so excited about tomorrow. Tonight I will clean and do laundry so the rest of the weekend will be free from chores. Hope everyone has a wonderful kitty filled weekend!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny and cool but looks like it might get warmer. Which is good because I have a few things to do outside, and I keep postponing them because it's just too cold to stay out there very long.

One of the neighbor families gave my daughter a Valentine yesterday. How sweet of them to think of her! She just started playing with them this week, but she enjoys it so much. I hope to join the local parks association in the next week or so, because they have a Friday playday at one of the facilities, specifically for homeschooling families, and I know she'd love it.

I gave hubby a card last night, and he got all mushy about it. It really doesn't take much with him, Mr. Sentimental.

Dawn,

We did Marriage Encounter a couple of years ago and it was really good for us. I hope your retreat goes as well for you!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The marriage encounter sounds nice - hubby & I had an engagement encounter before we were married & it was interesting & helpful.

I am having a tough time paying attention at work today - I am feeling somewhat feverish and unwell. At least I don't have to work this weekend. I'll sleep in tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TGIF!!

I'm having a fantastic day at work, very, very productive. Today just feels so full of life, of promise. I keep listening to the new Enrique (
Nena) and it's pumping me up.

Anyone heard of Trader Joes!?!? It's this amazing health food, gourmet grocery store. They just opened one up near me, so a friend and I are going tomorrow. I've been to a couple in L.A. and I LOVE them. So much healthy stuff that tastes great. I looking so forward to that. I'm going to get up and go to the gym and then meet my friend at her place so I can meet her 2 new cats, and then shopping. The S/O has to work from 8 to 8, so tomorrow is all MINE!!!

Maybe a movie tonight. Haven't decided.

Happy Friday everyone!!

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Trader Joe's rocks!
Yummy, and good prices. They have a great wine section too.

No work for me today. I just got up after sleeping 12 hours! I worked 4 12 hours shifts, Mon-Thurs, and last night we had dinner at home for V Day. It's more relaxing. Had my special homemade mashed taters, gravy, filet mignon, sugar peas, and broccoli. Mmmm. I've been feeling sick and went to the bedroom to watch figure skating and fell asleep at 10 and woke up at 10. Still feel sick. :rednose:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's with all the sick people, anyway? My son (3 years old) is getting a cold and sounds pretty bad. Of course, I'm still going away for the weekend. I'm sure he'll be fine.

AP - Sounds like you have a great day planned. It must be wonderful to have a whole day to yourself. I haven't had one of those in years (about 5 and a half, to be exact). Next weekend though, I'm going to have Saturday to myself. My husband is in a power lifting competition, and I've hired a sitter for the entire day. That way I can go to the competition and go shopping, and go where ever I want all day long! I'm so excited.