Daily Question 01/20/16

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning Folks of TCS! :wavey:

The question of today is:

How many wristwatch do you have? do you like combine your outfit with your wristwatch? do you have a wristwatch favourite in a brand or like about boutique? :think:

Happy Wednesday!:wavey:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wavey:

What about me? I have 4,

A Mido,
A Bolouva
A Puma
& Cittizen Eco-Drive
:nod:

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None unless you count the one that I have that belonged to my late DH. I do not wear it though. The brand is Invicta. I don't wear watches. I think that most people are starting to rely on their phones to tell time. :lol3:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several, but don't wear any currently

Movado.  This one is the favorite but the band is leather and wears out fast.  I need to replace it again.

A couple of Seikos.  Had them for years.  Need batteries

Swatch,  Funky, silver with floral etching on it.  Tom got me this one.  Very me.

A vintage metal watch - can't remember name off hand.  Very fancy and good.  My mom found it on the street decades ago and gave it to me.

Seems kind of useless wearing one now what with always having a smart phone with me that tells time and a gazillion things more :D

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a gold wind-up bracelet watch that I inherited from my godmother, but I don't wear it - I haven't worn a watch for years.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't worn a watch since I was in high school :lol3: I probably still have the one my late uncle gave me though, many years back. Was a Disney watch with Mickey Mouse on it. But I'm pretty sure it's in a box upstairs along with a bunch of other stuff I never unpacked since we moved 11 years ago.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have a watch I inherited from my mother and never wear but other than that, I use my phone.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have 3 watches.  One has all different colored straps so I switch them to match my clothing. Mostly tho, in the winter I wear the black strap and in the summer, white or blue.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
None.  I had three, all marcasite of some type, but very different interpretations.  When the last one died, I couldn't find anything I really liked, so I didn't bother.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Rellic silver watch that I have had for years and love. Unfortunately, the battery died and something is broken inside so they can't put a new one it.

So..I bought a cheap watch from Walmart that looks similar, and I also bought 2 of the Rellic one from eBay, one of those was used and the band is way to small. The other was a demo model and the band is so big, so hopefully I can take it off the one and add it to the other and make two watches.

I also have a clunky no name silver one I got as a giveaway. Never wear it.  Needs a battery now too.

And if you count this, I have a watch that belonged to my grandmother that was given to me by my aunt a few years ago. I treasure it, but don't wear it.

I don't coordinate watches with outfits, I just wear it because I want to know what time it is.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one watch, a Citizen Eco Drive.  I always wear it when I go anywhere but I don't wear it at home.  It's stainless steel with a pearl face and diamond chips around the bezel.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick gave me a gorgeous Seiko watch many years ago. I have an old Timex Indiglo....anybody remember those? It still works. An old Gruen from back in the 70s; it is big and clunky.

I wear my Fitbit all the time and that has a watch on it. And I have my cell.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a beautiful Seiko with diamonds I wear when I dress up (so not often!), and a leather band Timex I wear the rest of the rest of the time since I am in the dirt outside most of the time. Since I retired I really haven't been wearing one, no need!   
 The only problem is half the time I don't know what the date is or what day of the week it is! Thank goodness for cell phones!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have one watch which I wear everyday, but mostly out of habit, as I don't rely on it for telling me the time much anymore.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't even own a watch these days. the last two wrist watches i owned years ago, i ended up damaging them because i'd bang them on things while wearing them. i tend to be rough on things.