Cyst on dogs leg?

Lindsayj014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I know this is a cat forum but im hoping someone with a dog has seen a similar lump on their dog. I just found a small pink lump on my 6 year old dogs leg. It's pretty hard but movable and isn't causing him pain. He's acting perfectly fine and eating normally but it still worries me. I've had some issues with a couple of my cats the past few months so my vet bills are pretty large right now and I would really like to avoid going to the vet if I can. Has anyone seen anything similar on their dogs or cats?

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In the second pic the spot looks like it's raised. It could possibly be a hot spot or histiocytoma. How long has it been there and has it changed in size? I understand having large vet bills but could you send your vet the pictures you posted and ask their advice as well as whether there is a topical treatment you could use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsayj014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just noticed it today actually so I'm not sure how long it's been there. But I wouldnt think its been there too long because I would hope I would have noticed. He has a few other skin tags/benign lumps but this one just looks different. I did actually catch him licking it a little bit ago so I guess it could be a hot spot as well.

I will send these pictures to the vet. Thank you

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Please keep us posted when you hear back from your vet. Good luck! :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsayj014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ended up taking him to the vet since I was told it looks like a mass that could be cancerous. I had been wrapping his leg up since he started licking the area more so when I actually went to the vet it was more flat, scabby and wet in the bandage like a cyst that might have burst. I'm going back in two weeks for a follow up to make sure the area has healed. If it hasn't then hopefully they can take a sample of it to test. Good news is that the vet told me that even if it would end up being a mast cell tumor it's small enough right now where it should be able to be removed completely.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good news is that the vet told me that even if it would end up being a mast cell tumor it's small enough right now where it should be able to be removed completely.
That is good news! :thumbsup: Please let us know what happens at the follow up in two weeks. I hope by then the area has healed.:crossfingers: