Cutting Dog Nails

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is one adorable dog!!!!! I love his "I'm BORED" stretch, LOL
I honestly couldn't have done better with a dremel and a sedated dog. You got them short, not only, but also smooth and removed those little pieces of outer nail that sometimes a dremel leaves behind. Very thorough work!!!

I've never used Olive oil. I think it would do a nice job in keeping the coat at bay, but if you're looking for an omega 3 supplement (for heart/over all health) I don't believe EVOO has that...but EVOO is super stuff. And tasty =D
I wonder if he'd like coconut oil?
You have no idea how comforting it is to hear that I'm doing a good job! So many people say there's no way to get nice nails without a dremel that I feel like I must not be doing an adequate job.

Maybe if you set the camera up somewhere, zoomed out, then leash walked him across where the camera is aimed? It might be interesting to see the difference between the walk and trot, too and how his feet track.
I really need to do this. All I can get in the house is a walk, pace, amble, and trot. There's not enough space for any decent running and my house is on a hill, so doing it outside would be difficult.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't get Bosco's nails to stay short without a dremel. If you are wanting the quick to recede, you have to trim them every week and I would use the dremel just a little bit in-between trimmings.