Cutting back on cat hair& smell inside?

Appleblooms_mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I need tips tricks or anything on cutting back cat hair in my house. I have 3 inside cats but my husband has bad allergies. Hes not allergic to my cats but their hair & litter smell really bother his allergies. So any help on controlling their hair shed & litter box smell would be great! We plan to move them outside in their own cat enclosure.
I already change litter very frequently & sprinkle the baking soda litter box stuff in it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
There are air filters to help with cat fur. I dont use any but I'm sure someone here does to give recommendations.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Frequent, if not daily, brushing of the cats would help to reduce the amount of hair that they shed. You might also have to consider more frequent vacuuming. See link below for possible solutions related to air purifiers that could help as well. These air purifiers might help with the litter smells too. But, is it the litter smell that bothers his allergies or the dust from not only the litter but the baking soda? I also included a link below about the best cat litter(s) for allergy sufferers.

Best Air Purifier for Cat Allergies : 2020 Recommendations
Best Cat Litter For Allergy Sufferers 2020 - Buyer's Guide & Reviews

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Frequent, if not daily, brushing of the cats would help to reduce the amount of hair that they shed. You might also have to consider more frequent vacuuming. See link below for possible solutions related to air purifiers that could help as well. These air purifiers might help with the litter smells too. But, is it the litter smell that bothers his allergies or the dust from not only the litter but the baking soda? I also included a link below about the best cat litter(s) for allergy sufferers.

Best Air Purifier for Cat Allergies : 2020 Recommendations
Best Cat Litter For Allergy Sufferers 2020 - Buyer's Guide & Reviews
On chewy its $15.99.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More vacuuming, daily brushing and the only thing that helps with litter box issues I found was a raw fed diet. Zero litter box smells, I love it lol.