Cute Website: Cat Shaming

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kept looking for one that said  "my human is a moron that doesn't realize that I have a medical problem"

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most tumblr sites get marked as "not safe for work". Are you on a work computer or one with parental controls? I have to say that the cat (and dog) shaming sites seem pretty tame.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept looking for one that said  "my human is a moron that doesn't realize that I have a medical problem"

That's because of the morons who use filthy language on the signs in front of the cats.
I'm with you. I can't stand that kind of negativity. Some of them are kind of cute but In three minutes of reading down the page, I found most offensive or down right human stupidity.

Cats should be cherished and celebrated, not "shamed". I have no sense of humor when it comes to this kind of dunning, negative stuff. Bletch.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I see Jamie has been added to the site. :lol3:
I couldn't resist. We've got a slew of grapes this year, and he's being really paranoid about them, as usual.

The backstory: We have a vine growing along the back wall of our house. Years ago, before we had Pet Screen, Jamie was sitting in the window and decided to bat at the grapes through the cat net. He got stung by a wasp, but as far as he's concerned, the grapes attacked and hurt him. I have to carry him past the vine when it's full of grapes, and he won't even go in the kitchen if there are any grapes sitting around :lol3:

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most tumblr sites get marked as "not safe for work". Are you on a work computer or one with parental controls? I have to say that the cat (and dog) shaming sites seem pretty tame.
My own computer is down right now so I'm using a computer at my local library, which probably explains why I got the message.  A lot of kids use these computers.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that an all-British site? I saw a lot of "mum"s written there.

I did think most of those were funny, but a few could only be funny if you didn't realize that the behavior was caused by the owners, or the owners complaining about something that most people don't care about. There were lots of inappropriate elimination ones there, which we all know is medical or psychological, and not the cats' fault. "Dirty paws on face while sleeping" is something most people don't care about and the cat who ate the marble and had to go to the vet is entirely the owners' fault. So is the cat who bit a hole in the spray bottle (try not spraying your cat with water, it does wonders!). I suppose you have to expect some entries like those on a site dedicated to complaining about cats, since lots of people who own dogs and cats love to gripe about their cats while doting on their dogs.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have recently heard about those tumblr sites. I agree with Otto. I am not fond of them. I thought some were funny and silly and others just down right offensive. :lol3: Will not bother myself to look again. ;)

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that an all-British site? I saw a lot of "mum"s written there.

I did think most of those were funny, but a few could only be funny if you didn't realize that the behavior was caused by the owners, or the owners complaining about something that most people don't care about. There were lots of inappropriate elimination ones there, which we all know is medical or psychological, and not the cats' fault. "Dirty paws on face while sleeping" is something most people don't care about and the cat who ate the marble and had to go to the vet is entirely the owners' fault. So is the cat who bit a hole in the spray bottle (try not spraying your cat with water, it does wonders!). I suppose you have to expect some entries like those on a site dedicated to complaining about cats, since lots of people who own dogs and cats love to gripe about their cats while doting on their dogs.
There is a dog "shaming" site too. :(

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My own computer is down right now so I'm using a computer at my local library, which probably explains why I got the message.  A lot of kids use these computers.
Many public libraries in the U.S. (including the one I work in), by law, must have internet filtering. It often chooses its sites strangely--often due to profanity in the site.