Cute story- anyone else experience this?

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So this morning one of my cats got a bit of poop stuck to one of his paws and dragged it into the (unfortunately carpeted) living room.  It was a relatively small piece so no big deal really, and I immediately went to go clean it up- only to discover that both he and my other cat were trying to bury it using the carpeting.  Like, they were making the same motions they do in the litterbox to bury it (though of course they were not having any success whatsoever). Further, they seemed slightly distressed that they could not do so and continued to try to do so for a while, even after I had gotten all visible traces of it up and cleaned it as best I could with what i had available.

Has anyone else seen something like this?  I felt a little bad for the kitties but it was also sort of amusing.

djmosier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What really makes me laugh is when I offer them something to eat and instead of eating it, they try to "bury" it - even on a linoleum floor. I interpret that as "no, I definitely don't want that!" LOL

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, the burying can mean that or "It is so good I'm going to save it for later and make sure noone else can find it!"

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
its been my experience that if either one of my guys throws up, for whatever reason, once I clean it up their back at that spot doing the same thing...

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Wheezie will sometimes try to bury her food dish with the carpet. All she really succeeds in doing is flinging cat hair and little bits off the carpet into the dish!