Cute kitten acting out

Paddycat2018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My five month old Maine Coon kitten, Wickham (AKA Wikki), is acting out. This morning he suddenly leapt at my head and starting biting at my elbow. We don't encourage rough play, so I don't know where he's picked up this surprising behavior. To complicate things, Wikki may have an asymptomatic fungal infection(ringworm) which he has generously shared with me. His doctor ran all the tests, and we are now waiting the results of a culture on his fur that won't be finalized for 10 more days. He still gets a lot of play time with me. He has all sorts of toys, and all the food he can eat. I haven't snuggled with him as much (because he could still be very contagious). I felt sorry for him today and put on a garbage bag, so I could hold him for a few minutes. He took it as an opportunity to try to rough house again.

I know a solution would be to get another kitten to play with him, but that's not really possible right now.

He is going to be a big cat when he's finished growing. I'd like him to be a nice and gentle cat, too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure those articles will help . . . except that I strongly suspect that nothing in the world will prevent a kitten from thinking that being pet with a hand wearing a garbage bag is a new kind of play! You might have managed it if you had latex medical gloves, (well, probably not, but maybe) but a garbage bag is just too ill fitting and crinkly. You brought him a new toy, started to play and then told him no. That doesn't work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paddycat2018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He jumped at my head sans garbage bag. The garbage bag was an attempt to give him some affection without spreading potential fungus. :)