Custom cat gifts; for kids

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need some feedback/ideas.

My mom is moving away and of course taking both her cats with her. DS is super attached to one in particular; who is 19 as it is. Mooch and her other cat are almost 18.

Ive been seeing ads for custom cat shirts and things and I keep thinking I could get one with all 3 cats on it for him. (Moms 2 and Mooch.) But now I’m wondering if a blanket or pillow would be better. I’ve even found pillows shaped like the cat/dog in the photo you send. Those start at about $40 and would just be 1 cat.

Ive also seen blankets… I don’t know what to start with anymore. I think he’d absolutely wear a shirt! (Hes late elementary age.) Some are photos some are cartoon illustration like but could have the names. A pillow or blanket could be held. (Mooch and one of mom’s cats are always in his lap.)

Any ideas?

Heres links and pics to some Ive found.
Pillow
Blanket
B20B7201-08E0-4EA9-8EAD-3B542768165F.jpeg
4D821EA3-7372-4D09-A2F4-FE1CBAFC9198.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like the idea of a blanket because he can put it on his bed or bring it on the sofa while watching tv or relaxing. You could also buy a special cat frame and make a collage with the three cats.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some feedback/ideas.

My mom is moving away and of course taking both her cats with her. DS is super attached to one in particular; who is 19 as it is. Mooch and her other cat are almost 18.

Ive been seeing ads for custom cat shirts and things and I keep thinking I could get one with all 3 cats on it for him. (Moms 2 and Mooch.) But now I’m wondering if a blanket or pillow would be better. I’ve even found pillows shaped like the cat/dog in the photo you send. Those start at about $40 and would just be 1 cat.

Ive also seen blankets… I don’t know what to start with anymore. I think he’d absolutely wear a shirt! (Hes late elementary age.) Some are photos some are cartoon illustration like but could have the names. A pillow or blanket could be held. (Mooch and one of mom’s cats are always in his lap.)

Any ideas?

Heres links and pics to some Ive found.
Pillow
Blanket
View attachment 437918View attachment 437919
I think a blanket would be better. He would never outgrow it.. a t-shirt can be outgrown, rip, tear, stain, etc.. but a blanket is something he would have, forever.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The t-shirts are nice, but as mentioned he'd literally grow out of it, and finding the right design might be difficult.

Those pillows are pretty cool, but might work better for a younger child.

The blanket, therefore, seems like the best idea, as it would keep him warm now, and if/when he no longer wants to use it, it can easily be stored in a drawer or shelf.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for blanket, because blankets are the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snapfish had a deal on their blankets so I just ordered 2. One for DS and one for DD because I'd showed her what i was making for DS and she seemed to like it. Hers will have a picture of her with my mom from this fall and one of her with mom's 2 cats. They came down to $16 each so even with shipping that was a good deal on them.

Now do I give them early or wait for Christmas? ;) DS was pretty blue looking all Sunday after they left; so I may go with early. I'll see how he's doing when they get here. If he needs a pick-me-up I'll probably just give it to him.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We got our library's monthly booklet in the mail and I saw that they're having a workshop to make your own monogrammed fleece throw. I immediately thought of this thread and how nice it would be for your son. He could make one with the names of all 3 cats monogrammed on it. :lovecat3: Do they have any workshops like this at your local library?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve not seen any programs like that at the one we usually visit. One a bit farther away has had some great programs. I’ll have to keep an eye out on their websites. He needs to keep busy!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The blankets came today but I haven’t given them to the kids. I’m debating now or waiting for Christmas. They look pretty nice! The fleece is kind of thin and not plush but Id imagine that helps the images show up better. I’ll have to take pictures when the kids wont see. I wonder if they will soften with use too.