Current pictures of the Shed

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're still working on the small table and chairs and the end table at the end of the couch, so they're still in the basement. But I was taking some pictures and thought you might like to see them. I have some re-arranging to do in the shelves and such and will work on that once I retire. But this is where I'm going to be. Rick watches football out here and I sit and read. Or I come out and watch a bit of tv. Mollipop has come out twice; she has not been particularly amused.

It's really dreary out today, so the pictures aren't the best. And the Tacky White Tree is rather dark; I wanted more white lights, but we were having problems with lights going out on some of the strings.

Thanks for looking!

DecShedOne.jpg

DecShedTwo.jpg

DecShedThree.jpg

DecShedFour.jpg

DecShedFive.jpg

DecShedSix.jpg

DecShedSeven.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
We're still working on the small table and chairs and the end table at the end of the couch, so they're still in the basement. But I was taking some pictures and thought you might like to see them. I have some re-arranging to do in the shelves and such and will work on that once I retire. But this is where I'm going to be. Rick watches football out here and I sit and read. Or I come out and watch a bit of tv. Mollipop has come out twice; she has not been particularly amused.

It's really dreary out today, so the pictures aren't the best. And the Tacky White Tree is rather dark; I wanted more white lights, but we were having problems with lights going out on some of the strings.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 312365

View attachment 312366

View attachment 312367

View attachment 312368

View attachment 312369

View attachment 312370

View attachment 312371
And I love your tree

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Pam, it is gorgeous!!! and I love the tree!! Sooo cozy. but I think it should be Mia's Shed,:flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! One of my co-workers said that the Shed is an eclectic mix of....me! The books, the Alton Brown poster, the plants, the rainforest poster, the cat stuff, even my Obama magnet. It's all me, this is exactly who I am. He sat down, looked around, and said, "Even if I didn't know this was yours, I'd know it was yours. It's got 'Pam' all over." I think that was a great compliment.

Now, if I could just get Molli used to being there, it would be purr-fect. I'll keep working on it, but I also don't want her chewing on the plants and, possibly, getting sick. The Beast loves the place. She comes in, sniffs around, and flops.

Mia6 Mia6 No name yet.....we could call it Mia's Shed! :)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, very cozy place! Love the tree lights - what's on top of the tree? Is that a hat? :)

edit: did you get a chandelier? If so, which one? :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Now, if I could just get Molli used to being there, it would be purr-fect
I bet in time she;ll love it. Isn't there a spray you could use to deter her; use it around the area where your plants
are but not damage them? So the Beast likes it in there? Does it bother Molli that she's in there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws On top of the tree is a PennState Christmas hat. Rick has been putting it on the tree for the last couple of years. Blue and white are PSU's colors and Rick is a huge PSU fan, so it's what he does.
And here's a link to some pictures that show the chandelier: Some Shed Pics I really like the light.

Mia6 Mia6 I don't want to use sprays, if I can avoid it. It's not safe for the cats, nor is it good for the plants.

Rick moved the table and chairs into the shed yesterday.

My sister and BIL came in last night to pick up some cookies. My sister has been giving me a semi-rough time about the shed. I had been saving money forever....for a rainy day, or just for something. And I spent it on the shed (not all of it; I still have some left). She couldn't understand it. Now, it's not retirement money that I spent; this is money that I had put away for years. Every time I got some extra money, it went into an account. But she didn't "get it". And that's what she kept saying: "I don't get it. I don't understand it." I finally told her she didn't have to get it. I got it and that's what mattered. Anyway, they came over last night and she wanted to go out to the shed. I figured she was going to give me grief again, but we went out. She sat down in the glider chair and we chatted. And then she told me that she couldn't believe how well it all came together. She thought it was really nice! :thud:And she particularly liked the fridge of Smirnoff. I think we'll be sharing the deck this summer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's absolutely gorgeous! :jive: I'm glad your sister changed her mind and saw the error of her ways.;) I can just picture you sitting down in the chair, putting your feet up on the ottoman, having a warm cup of java and reading a good book.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I think building the shed was a brilliant idea. A home away from home. Like going to a hotel for the night to decompress.
You've made it a cozy showcase.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fantastic and the TWT fits right in. Molli will get settled once you and she are relaxing in there together. :cloud9: