Curious

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been very time poor over last 2 months with work shifting premises and racing season starting up and have been feeding cat on canned food (quality stuff they say).
This morning I finally made him up a batch of raw and when I was dicing up some liver and kidney he went crazy over it..didn't want other meat..just the kidney and liver.
Just wondering what was missing in the canned food that made him dive onto the liver and kidney and maybe I should dump the canned food for some other type.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of cats just prefer the smell of fresh raw meat and organs. After all, that is what they are intended to eat, being that they are obligate carnivores.

Lots of us make our own raw homemade food for our cats because we believe that it’s the best way for them to get nutrients and we also like knowing what goes into our cats’ food given that the pet food industry isn’t very transparent.

If you want to look into making your own homemade raw food there is lots of info on these forums and feline-nutrition.org is a good resource with lots of info and an easy recipe. Just make sure that you follow a reputable recipe so that your cat gets all the nutrients it needs.

By the way, your cat is gorgeous!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been making homemade food for last 25 years for my cats so well indoctrinated into the various recipes.
Started when as a supplier of temperature control equipment and other instrumentation to manufactures of pet food and what I saw would make your hair curl so when I buy canned food i know what goes into it and only buy where they use proper meat etc.
Thinking back the liver and kidneys were very fresh and bloody..you are probably right.
Cat knows he's gorgeous..tells me every day the little showoff..lol

Last edited:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been making homemade food for last 25 years for my cats so well indoctrinated into the various recipes.
Started when as a supplier of temperature control equipment and other instrumentation to manufactures of pet food and what I saw would make your hair curl so when I buy canned food i know what goes into it and only buy where they use proper meat etc.
Thinking back the liver and kidneys were very fresh and bloody..you are probably right.
Cat knows he's gorgeous..tells me every day the little showoff..lol
Ah, I see! Yeah, all of my cats prefer raw fresh meat to anything else.

Wow, I bet you have some interesting stories from your previous line of work. I’m all ears!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will come back too you after I had lunch...thinking of it is reminding me of smells and things..lol so at least I want to enjoy my homemade spinach and bacon kiesch :yummy: