Curious about cats background

bookitty1231

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm curious about my cats breed and was hoping maybe some of you wouldn't mind giving your opinion. I know some of you are breeders and may know better than I what breed my cat may be. I know that he is a mixed breed. His mother was a dark gray DSH stray that had kittens at a friends house. I fell in love with Wylie when I saw him and had to have him. We thought perhaps he was a Siamese mix in the begining but as he got older his hair got longer and his tail very fluffy, and since his mother was short haired we just started to wonder. This is just curiousity getting the best of me. As you can see in the pictures he has blue eyes. He is very active and loves to talk all the time.When he talks it's more of a chirping at times. Although his hair is longer it doesn't seem to get matted and is very soft. He is shy around everyone but me, so I guess you could say he is a one person cat.I recently was on a Ragdoll webpage and saw a picture that looked just like him. Here is a picture taken of Wylie...

or view his album at...
http://community.webshots.com/user/kgandy1231

Thank you for any opinions you may have on this topic.

[Edited by bookitty1231 on 03-25-2001 at 06:34 PM]

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we all call those colors "natural" points. Somewhere along that line it is possible that a siamese gene got in there. What you have is a domestic cat with blue points. Which means both mom and dad carried the pointed gene and one had blue in it's background or primary coloring. It would be a crap shoot if trying to guess if there was a pure breed in there. If there was, it could have been 5 to 10 generations back. Most domestic cats with long hair, stem from the Maine Coon Cat somewhere. Right now I have a girl who looks just like Wylie except for more blue and her mom is a munchkin with seal points and her dad is a long legged blue and white munchkin. Both have generations of regular domestic in the background.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I figured I would post Keegan's pic here so you could see the points I am taking about.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bookitty......I moved this to the breeders corner, I hope that's alright.