Curiosity

AmberBrandau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few months ago I adopted a stray cat that I had found in a snow bank. I know she's a domestic long hair or maybe medium hair. I'm trying to figure out what her coat pattern is. As well as what cat breeds she resembles to. I know I'll never really
20210222_121543.jpg
20210211_093154.jpg
20210205_121342.jpg
know. The reason I'm asking is because to me she's huge, like as height and length. I thought she was fully grown when I found her but she hasn't stopped growing.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! impossible to really give any guesses on her lineage. i Couldn’t give one with any confidence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmberBrandau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful! impossible to really give any guesses on her lineage. i Couldn’t give one with any confidence.
Thank you for responding. I figured it'd be hard to tell and impossible to know since she doesn't have any paperwork to show her pedigree. She just acts different than my other cats I've had and definitely bigger. Maybe that's because they've all been domestic short haired and the longer hair makes her look bigger.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic longhair. Pattern and colorwise she is a diluted tortie. Possibly also tabby, but its sometiimes difficult to see on a longhair.
If you will shave her in the high summer, you will see more for sure. :)

She seems to have some white streaks, but its probably NOT the white spot. Its not unusual longhair cats do have some whitish / lighter hairs especially in the mane.
Often looks alike a collar.

If she is visibly biggish, and its important to you to compare her with a breed, so perhaps a Siberian. ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmberBrandau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Domestic longhair. Pattern and colorwise she is a diluted tortie. Possibly also tabby, but its sometiimes difficult to see on a longhair.
If you will shave her in the high summer, you will see more for sure. :)

She seems to have some white streaks, but its probably NOT the white spot. Its not unusual longhair cats do have some whitish / lighter hairs especially in the mane.
Often looks alike a collar.

If she is visibly biggish, and its important to you to compare her with a breed, so perhaps a Siberian. ?
Thank you I was thinking a diluted calico but I'm not great at coat patterns. Thanks for your input on what breed she is similar to. It's not super important to me but she is visibly bigger and that made me curious if possibly somewhere down her lineage if there is DNA to a bigger cat breed. If that was the case any input on what that could be would be appreciated.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. It MAY white spots for real. Not easy to see on the photos... If so, she could be called for a calico yes.

As said, if you ever shave {cut down} the in the hot high summer, you will se pattern and color more clearly.. :)