Curiosity

Kitty Cat lover 4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so I have a question i have been curious about I have 1 adult male cat thats black and white and 1 adult female cat that is black and white they mated and had 4 kittens in total i lost one of them due to it being very very tiny which that kitten was black and white so I was left with just 3 two of the 3 were black and whit and the other one is completely black with all black pads and all black wiskers i inspect the black one pretty much everyday because it facinates me that there is not 1 strand of hair or anything that is not black im curious if anyone knows if this is rare
15501218073851360675212.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White spotting is the result of the dominant "S" gene. If a cat has two copies of the S gene (SS), we say that it is homozygous for that gene. If it has just one copy of the S gene (S-), we say that it is heterozygous for that gene. Two cats that are heterozygous for white spotting (S-) will have on average 25% homozygous kittens (SS), 50% heterozygous kittens (S-), and 25% kittens that don't have white spotting at all, like your cat. It's a normal result.

How old are the kittens now? Assuming you don't want to have lots more kittens soon, you'll want to go ahead and have everyone spayed and neutered.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Cat lover 4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for responding My kittens are 4 months and yes getting them spayed and neutered is the plan right away for the first time I actually just woke up 10 minutes before writing this post to my 2 yr old male cat trying to mate with the black and white 4 month old kitten i only realized this as i woke i heard a cry out looked down on the side of my bed and here he was doing his thing and i only actually realized he was not playing or trying to repromand or whatever because he left the evidence on the kittens bavk is this normal and i have to bring all 4 to get fixed but i think the 2 yr old male got my 2 yr old female already again but not sure i should have read more about having multiple cats like this in my home but at the same time should have known better but also why would he go after the male kitten when he does have the female her to do that with does he maybe know she is already pregnant or I dnt im so lost please respond asap thank you u have been a great help

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is normal for adult male cats to try to mate with cats or kittens of either sex. Generally their first choice would be a female that is in heat, but if there is no female in heat available, any other cat or kitten will do.

If he has mated with your female, she is probably pregnant again. You can have her spayed in early pregnancy, and then you won't have to worry about having another litter of kittens.

If you are having trouble with the cost of having 4 cats fixed, and you need help finding a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, post your location and someone will help you find a clinic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Cat lover 4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so do you think male cats can tell that their female cat companion is pregnant the male and female I got at the same time by 2 different litters each from a different friend they have grown together and had the litter of the kittens 2 of them are the 4 month kittens one of which im talking about but for some reason isn't bothering with the other male kitten just keep going after this one so I separated them he is only bothering the black and white one

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like normal male cat behavior to me... males will sometimes get interested in a specific kitten or cat and bother them a lot. He doesn't care about whether your female cat is pregnant, but if she isn't in heat any more, he might feel that the kitten is an easier target.

Keeping him separated is a good idea, that way he can't bother the others while you work on the arrangements to get everyone fixed.