Cud Kittens Be Due Soon

Skye321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is probably asked many times. My cat is heavily pregnant I'm not sure how far along exactly but her stomach is huge and has since yesterday changed shape so it's not bulging as much. She is attacking our other cat (which is male and is still very young) she is literally growling and hissing at him which she has never done before. Today she has followed me around everywhere and won't leave my side. She has always been a very affectionate cat but does seemmtomwant even more cuddles from me and even goes to hubby which she don't normally do however she won't really let kids stroke her as much especially her back or stomach. Her appetite has dropped by a small amount so not alot but her kittens are still quite active (looks to be having at least 4), any advice would be appreciated

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is probably asked many times. My cat is heavily pregnant I'm not sure how far along exactly but her stomach is huge and has since yesterday changed shape so it's not bulging as much. She is attacking our other cat (which is male and is still very young) she is literally growling and hissing at him which she has never done before. Today she has followed me around everywhere and won't leave my side. She has always been a very affectionate cat but does seemmtomwant even more cuddles from me and even goes to hubby which she don't normally do however she won't really let kids stroke her as much especially her back or stomach. Her appetite has dropped by a small amount so not alot but her kittens are still quite active (looks to be having at least 4), any advice would be appreciated
Hi!

You need to keep mum cat and your other cat separate, she ideally needs to be confined to one room with a birthing box and kept away from other cats and children especially if she is expressing a dislike to then at the moment. She will become very protective once the kittens have arrived. Is your male neutered? If not he needs to be asap as your mum can get pregnant again pretty soon after birth, she doesn't need that stress.
It could be that her kittens have moved into position and becoming more affectionate may be a sign of coming close. Do you know when she was mated?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skye321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

You need to keep mum cat and your other cat separate, she ideally needs to be confined to one room with a birthing box and kept away from other cats and children especially if she is expressing a dislike to then at the moment. She will become very protective once the kittens have arrived. Is your male neutered? If not he needs to be asap as your mum can get pregnant again pretty soon after birth, she doesn't need that stress.
It could be that her kittens have moved into position and becoming more affectionate may be a sign of coming close. Do you know when she was mated?
Yeah I'm keeping them seperate since last few days to the point where I can hardly let him inside, she has a couple boxes set up, I'm not entirely sure to be honest

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His only 5 month's old iv recently moved house 3 weeks ago too and my old vet was useless was never any appointments available
You really need to get him neutered now, he can become sexually mature quite young plus after being neutered he can still impregnat a cat for a week or two so it's best to get it done now so no accidents happen again

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, agreed. He needs to be neutered, and he needs to be kept inside until he is done.

Skye321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he will be done as soon as possible, iv just moved to a different city so need to find a reputable vet

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good! Keep him inside until then. You don’t want him becoming hormonal and running off.

Skye321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is probably asked many times. My cat is heavily pregnant I'm not sure how far along exactly but her stomach is huge and has since yesterday changed shape so it's not bulging as much. She is attacking our other cat (which is male and is still very young n yes he is gonna be neutered so please donr comment about this) she is literally growling and hissing at him which she has never done before. Today she has followed me around everywhere and won't leave my side. She has always been a very affectionate cat but does seem to want even more cuddles from me and even goes to hubby which she don't normally do however she won't really let kids stroke her as much especially her back or stomach. Her appetite has dropped by a small amount so not alot like she wants to eat but cant n ewts really slowly when she does but her kittens are still quite active (looks to be having at least 4) and today she has loose stools too. any advice would be appreciated, I posted yesterday but everyone just commented about the other cat n not the one I was asking about

Skye321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for comments on my other cat, now back to my pregnant cat, last night she had a bit of loose stools and today it's taking her a while to eat, 3 hours for 1.5 pouches which wud normally be gone in 5 mins, I hope I don't have to wait too long

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. It sounds as though the kittens have dropped, thus causing the change in her stomach shape. That means she's getting closer.

Here's a TCS article that might be helpful: How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

About the unneutered male cat, please keep him away from mama, and the kittens once they're born. For 2 reasons.
1) mama is already stressed by his presence
2) female cats can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth, both while still nursing and without ever showing a visible heat. Also, when male cats are neutered, it takes a few weeks for the hormones to be gone from their body, so they can still get a female pregnant for a bit longer after neutering. So don't let them be around each other until he's been neutered for a few weeks, or she's been spayed.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my education will someone explain please what "cud" means in the title of this thread. Many thanks. The meaning in my English dictionary doesn't make sense. Vocabulary is one of my manias.