Crying then throwing up white foam

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH woke me up about 45 minutes ago because he said twice Mooch cried real loud then threw up white foam.

Right now she's laying on the kitchen floor on her side, head up, eyes closed like she's sleepy, and ears forward or just moving with the noises around her. DH fed the girls a short time before and it looks like neither of them have touched the food much.

I don't know what she could have gotten into. I did clean the bathtub at about 7:30 last night but I rinsed it really well before she jumped in. And then right after that DH got in to shower from work. There is a dirty cookie tray from making chocolate chip cookies on the counter and a pot soaking from spaghetti. She has clean water out and all too.

I'm not sure what else to do. She's not tried to eat so I've not take the food away from Noodles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. She had her head up but eyes closed, then down for a few minutes. Then she came in this room with a milk ring to throw for her.
And headbutted my hand a few times. Then a few minutes later she threw up again. And now she's sitting by the front door.

I called the ER vet which we live pretty close to. She did tell me to pull the food up and watch her. She said maybe she ate a spider that gave her an upset tummy. And to wait for 6 hours before doing any rice/chicken food for her. And that we could bring her in if we want to. She did use the litter box to make 1 tiny #2.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think she's feeling better. I put the food bowl down earlier because Noodles was sitting there looking at me all pitiful like, and a bit later it was still down and Mooch went and ate a few bites. It's been a few hours since then and she's kept it down. She came to me for some rubs and she's just kind of been relaxing either on the floor in the living room or in the kennel we keep on the washer (has bedding in it). I'm still keeping a good eye on her to see when she drinks and uses the litterbox too.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn't eat some foreign object or anything? like maybe the tail off a toy mouse? One of the cats at the shelter did that and we had no idea why she was sick until it came out the other end...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

She didn't eat some foreign object or anything? like maybe the tail off a toy mouse? One of the cats at the shelter did that and we had no idea why she was sick until it came out the other end...
I'm really going to have to keep an eye on the litter box for the next day or so. So far she's been in their twice and each time made just 1 little terd. But then she hasn't eaten a lot either. She's also been licking her tushy every so often. I don't know if more than usual or not though.

I actually cut the tails off their mice and any stringy parts to their toys because of that. Noodles is usually that culprite, but I never know. They eat enough of my hair as it is.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was sort of frothy it may be worms, have you wormed them lately? Mine did that and it turned out to be round worms.

Iam glad that she is feeling better though!