Cruelty and abuse

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meowman,

Too bad you're so far away. You cook AND do kitty boxes. Marry me!

mom of three

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like the rest of you would rather not have to look at picures or hear stories of abuse bcause in my perfect world it would not happen. But since it does I think that as animal lovers we need to work for their cause and the only way we can do this is to take heed of the stories. I often read stories but do not look at pictues. CAT FANCY did introduce thier STOP flags which indicate very sensative material and gives the reader the choice of whether to read and react or to skip that story.
Yeterday when I read Max's story as posted by MEOWMAN I quickly wrote my emails and sent them off and then signed the petition. I then ventured into the neighbourood mall with my Mother for our regluar Saturday get together and all I could think of was that poor little baby trying to defend himself and what must have been going through his mind and the look of sheer terror on his face. I thought about it for the rest of the day I explained it to my mother and in the middle of the store as I was quietly doing so she exclaimed "WHAT? GIVE ME THAT WEBSITE I'M GOING TO WRITE TO SOMEONE."
So my long winded point is... I would rather not have spend my day thinking about that cat's final few minutes but if I had not read the story my emails and signiature on the petition would never have happened and who knows maybe they were the straw that broke the camels back and will get something done!
I hope I have not offened anyone with my opinion cause in any case that is all it is my opinion.
Leslie-Ann!
(Connie and Alistairs mom)

[Edited by mom of three on 02-25-2001 at 08:24 AM]

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And a very good opinion it is, Leslie-Ann!! And I'm sure noone was offended.
Meowman...just hang in there, a man as sensetive and loving as you are, will surely find a good woman soon! (and a cat loving woman at that!) Not to mention you are attractive and humerous.
It just takes time to find that someone special, but then in the end it is worth it for not rushing into the wrong relationship.

And Anne, I had read that article you posted somewhere before...and it is really sad how many sick people there are in the world. I hope that kitten lived, and was adopted by someone loving.