Crinkled Whiskers?

Alyse-is-tiny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7A5B2BA4-24A4-44AE-83C1-D0CA2124750D.jpeg
96F7BD7F-49D7-4B82-AEF2-E5FFDF2F7971.jpeg
Hello all! New here, I found this site while trying to find out why my cats whiskers are “crinkled”. Her name is Bonnie and she was a kitten rescue. She is 3 months old now and doesn’t weigh more than 3.5lbs. The vet said she may have a stunt and she may always be smaller. Her mother was a bit small and scrawny, and was black and white. She has silky hair and crinkled whiskers. She is very selective to which human is hers. She chose me and sleeps right next to me every night. She is my shadow wherever I go. Very loving and cuddly. Does anyone have a thought on why her whiskers are like this, or what breed she may be mixed with? Thanks for the help!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So cute!!!! She looks like a tortoiseshell and white domestic shorthair. No particular breed (90-95% of cats are domestic shorthairs or longhairs).

3.5 lbs at 3 months is fairly average, so I'm not sure why the vet thinks she's stunted. The general rule is a pound a month at that age. My two were between 3 and 4 lbs at that point in their lives, and they're now 11 and 14 lbs at 11 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alyse-is-tiny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So cute!!!! She looks like a tortoiseshell and white domestic shorthair. No particular breed (90-95% of cats are domestic shorthairs or longhairs).

3.5 lbs at 3 months is fairly average, so I'm not sure why the vet thinks she's stunted. The general rule is a pound a month at that age. My two were between 3 and 4 lbs at that age, and they're now 11 and 14 lbs at 11 months.
Thank you! Yeah, she’s very healthy and eats all the time! Her siblings all were a pound bigger than her since birth so maybe that’s why? Who knows. All I know is she’s going to eat me out of house and home one day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alyse-is-tiny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I'm just not sure why the vet said that when she's a perfect size for her age.
Well for a bit he couldn’t spay her because she was 1.5lbs and her siblings were 3lbs. (He wanted to schedule a group surgery for all the babes). We fed her CONSTANLY to get her big enough to be spayed. She finally hit 3.5 very recently but her siblings are now 4-5lbs. She was the runt of the litter and has always been smaller than her sibs so the vet was afraid of her having a stunt. But she’s growing now, her tail is growing faster than the rest of her