Cremation or burial?

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last 3 pets I went with the group cremation. I think that It is not such a bad thing to be burried with all the other loved pets. 

tabookittynme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cremation will be my choice. I already have whiskers, fur and a few toenails to save with the ashes. Then he can be mixed with me when my time comes. I kept the whiskers, etc because of concerns about getting Taboo's true ashes....

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have buried nine cats in my backyard, seven of them were dead on the side of the road and two were recently pts due to FELV (they showed up at a colony a friend of mine has. Both were badly injured in fights, so we had them tested. They were so sick, it was more humane to put them to sleep.). After I buried the found ones, I always posted flyers, hoping to find their owners. Never got responses.

For my own cats, it is definitely cremation.

merstockgto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree about cremation. We had 3 cats cremated that we had from 1986 and they passed away in 2000, 2005, 2006. That way they are always with you. They meant the world to us and still do. We now have 5 kitties (indoor only). It is so hard to lose a pet and it never gets easier. I might add that Mommie and Boots that died in 2005 and 2006 were 20 and 21 years old so we had them a long time.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it too weird if my cat dies before I do, to have my cats ashes buried with me n my casket ? Bella is like a daughter,always there loving,sweet etc... My grandson says I'm too crazy for my cats and calls me the cat lady. Yeah right, they have had alot more cats at one time then I  ever had.  

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While on the subject, you can find urns on the internet to keep the ashes of your loved one in. They are even made in different breeds of cat. Persi may well outlive me but I would get one of the Himalayan Seal Point urns to put his ashes in.
I like your profile pic.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Group cremation.  I can not stand to bring home a cat to bury(recently had to bring one home as the group cremation was outragious compared to my local vet) I also would not know what to do with over a dozen private urns. If I had 1 cat at a time I would do the private cremation I have buried kittens in past and it bothers me to much.  I move the found ones that are passed from being hit to grass and call animal control-they will pick them up and have the info in case someone comes looking for the cat/kitten.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it too weird if my cat dies before I do, to have my cats ashes buried with me n my casket ? Bella is like a daughter,always there loving,sweet etc... Thunder is my husband's cat .My grandson says I'm too crazy for my cats and calls me the cat lady. Yeah right, they have had alot more cats at one time then I  ever had.