Create-a-Crust Apple Pie (in our new blender)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know I've been thinking about buying a blender for a while now. We had received an Osterizer for a wedding gift (almost 50 years ago). It went through the 1972 flood/Hurricane Agnes, but survived. It cleaned up beautifully and I used the thing for a long time. But many moons ago, it finally bit the dust and seized up. And I haven't had a blender since then.

Anyway, I was down at Target yesterday to pick up meds. I was actually by myself (usually Rick and I go everywhere together) bc he was working outside. Walked around a bit and this blender jumped right into my arms! It was amazing! There was a woman standing next to me and I said, "Wow, did you see that blender jump into my arms?" She started laughing and said, "Husband issues??" And I said, "Well, whenever I buy something for the kitchen, he always asks me what I'm going to get rid of to even things out. I think I've gotten rid of my air fryer five times now!" Oh, she laughed at me. And sure enough, I brought the blender home, Rick asked me what I was going to get rid of and I told him, "The air fryer!" And even he knows that's a lie.

So here's the blender:
Blender.jpg

Some of you have read about me making Create-a-Crust Apple Pie. It's usually made in a blender, but I've been making it in my KA mixer. Well, I washed the blender and its accessories and decided to make the apple pie for Dear Richard. I had to justify my purchase somehow! So here's the pie:
ACPie.jpg

A few days ago, Rick and I were browsing some of my PA Dutch cookbooks. And he asked me to make 3 desserts for him.
  • CaC Apple Pie (see above!)
  • Pineapple-Upside Down Cake
  • Either a Milk Pie or a Vanilla Pie, he doesn't care which
I'm working my way through his list.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele hasn't had a blender for years now. Instead, she has one of those 11 cup Cuisinart food processors, and a Bullet for smaller jobs. She used to have a Hamilton Beach blender, but that went to Goodwill.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I can't use my food processor for something like this. There's too much liquid and it would go down the spindle hole. I had the same problem when I was trying to blend tomatoes in the food processor; the liquid would run down the spindle and make a huge mess. Or I had to process smaller quantities. Come to think of it, the blender will really come in handy during tomato season!