Cream, Sugar Anyone!

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning all animal lovers! There's a fresh pot of coffee, iced coffee, hot water for tea and hot cocoa plus juice and fresh cold cow's milk for you all to enjoy while waking up before all of us begin our crazy hectic days where sometimes nothing goes right or unplanned events happen. Pull up a chair, pop a squat, and join in on conversations.☕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Cat Lounge is for all sorts of conversations. I'm sure others would love to share their thoughts with you so please feel free to start a new conversation about a specific topic.:)

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Make mine iced tea with equal parts of sugar and tea and lots of crushed ice. My other half makes a drink he swears is just like Starbucks mocha frappuccino. He can make a half-gallon of it for just about he price of one bottle of Starbucks. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I don't know.

Iced tea is a year round drink in the south. An English friend remarked, "I just don't understand you Yanks. You boil tea to make it hot and strong, put ice in it to make it cold and to dilute it, put lemon in it to make it sour and sugar in it to make it sweet."

Fresh cow's milk? Boy, I haven't had any of that since dirt was made. Strangely enough, my house sits smack in the middle of where a lot of dairy farms were, with were being the operative word. I don't now if any of them are left. However, I'm old enough to remember when we'd get home-delivered dairy milk in a gallon glass jug with a pleated paper cap and a cardboardy stopper inside. Once in a while the tab on the stopper would break off and we'd have to attack the stopper with a knife to either pry it out or destroy it. The milk always had a plug of cream at the top, and that was the special treat for the first person to get to the bottle.

What's your drink of choice? Maybe we can get a lively discussion of beverages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My drinks of choice is coffee first thing in the morning until around 10-10:30 then I'll drink a couple bottles of water then drink a Pepsi. Depending on how I feel I may have a cup or two of tea, herbal tea that is in late afternoon. Every so often I'll drink a Mike's Hard, Seagram's or a Smirnoff ( not all together but whatever I currently have).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My drinks of choice is coffee first thing in the morning until around 10-10:30 then I'll drink a couple bottles of water then drink a Pepsi. Depending on how I feel I may have a cup or two of tea, herbal tea that is in late afternoon. Every so often I'll drink a Mike's Hard, Seagram's or a Smirnoff ( not all together but whatever I currently have).
I'm with you on the coffee first thing in the morning, I drink mine strong and black, no cream or sugar for this gal. :wink:
I usually have an espresso in the afternoon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Coffee, hot and black. No iced coffee for me, thank you. No flavored coffee. Just plain old coffee.

I've always been a Pepsi girl, from the time I was young. Pepsi has always been my soda of choice. For the last several years, though, it's been diet Mt. Dew. I'd love to kick the diet soda habit once and for all and switch over to water. I last for about two weeks and then go running back to the Dew.

Love my Smirnoff Ice, too. Over crushed ice.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For this past week I've been getting hooked on the new Mt. Dew- Dew S A. I usually have one bottle in the afternoon as a pick me up.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, hot and black. No iced coffee for me, thank you. No flavored coffee. Just plain old coffee.

I've always been a Pepsi girl, from the time I was young. Pepsi has always been my soda of choice. For the last several years, though, it's been diet Mt. Dew. I'd love to kick the diet soda habit once and for all and switch over to water. I last for about two weeks and then go running back to the Dew.

Love my Smirnoff Ice, too. Over crushed ice.
I've always been a coke girl. I started off on TAB than I switched to diet coke. Don't even think about giving me a Pepsi. LOL I would also like to kick the soda habit. I like water but I still need some soda during the day.

I was a Smirnoff girl when I was younger but I rarely drink anymore.

Muffy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is a big milk drinker. The only time I sit down with a mug of milk is with a hunk of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I do put milk on my oatmeal, but that's it. I'm really not fond of it all. And it's only skim milk.

When my headaches are really bad, I'll drink an ice cold Coke. Has to be Coke, not Pepsi.

Rick would like the Mt. Dew S.A. I think. The Code Red has a cherry taste, doesn't it? He'd like that.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that we got favorite drink ( even though still expect replies) I personally think favorite foods is next.
Some of my favorite foods are homemade bread (especially warm with tons of butter melted), steaks, pork chops, BACON, ham, eggs, cheese ( I'm a human rat even though if I eat too much it doesn't agree with me), potatoes and homemade Mac & Cheese ( especially mine- use at least 8 different cheeses plus a couple secret ingredients to make it really cheesy) and chicken ( boneless/skinless chicken breasts but will eat the chicken on a bone from time to time.
I do also make homemade pizza and all sorts of homemade deserts from scratch.
As you can see I don't have a favorite veggie but I do eat them except for Okra, Beets.
What beverages do you like to have with your favorite food?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that we got favorite drink ( even though still expect replies) I personally think favorite foods is next.
Some of my favorite foods are homemade bread (especially warm with tons of butter melted), steaks, pork chops, BACON, ham, eggs, cheese ( I'm a human rat even though if I eat too much it doesn't agree with me), potatoes and homemade Mac & Cheese ( especially mine- use at least 8 different cheeses plus a couple secret ingredients to make it really cheesy) and chicken ( boneless/skinless chicken breasts but will eat the chicken on a bone from time to time.
I do also make homemade pizza and all sorts of homemade deserts from scratch.
As you can see I don't have a favorite veggie but I do eat them except for Okra, Beets.
What beverages do you like to have with your favorite food?
I like anything chocolate, especially rich brownies, with my diet coke.

Muffy

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a major carnivore, with a minor in omnivore. Gotta have my beef and then my seafood. See food is good, too - whatever I see. I love medium rare ribeye, shrimp, mudbugs (crawfish), chicken every way, especially fried, good pizza, Mexican, Italian, oh, gee, there's not much I don't like.

I have to have at least one Dr. Pepper every day. Sometimes a couple. I've discovered rum and Dr. Pepper taste good, too. I like some beer with some foods, but it can't be very hoppy.

Oh, and chocolate anything. Did you know they make chocolate perfume? I'm so tempted, but I'm afraid someone would start licking on me! I don't care for really bitter chocolate, though. About 65% is my limit.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like anything chocolate, especially rich brownies, with my diet coke.
I can skip the diet coke since I don't drink soda but love rich chocolate brownies too - they go great with a cup of coffee.:wink: Just out of curiosity, do you use nuts of any type or put frosting on your brownies? (I use chopped walnuts in the batter but no frosting just a dusting of powdered sugar.)

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, I don't use walnuts nor anything for frosting. The recipe I have for brownies is super fudgy and just as good plain.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, I don't use walnuts nor anything for frosting. The recipe I have for brownies is super fudgy and just as good plain.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can skip the diet coke since I don't drink soda but love rich chocolate brownies too - they go great with a cup of coffee.:wink: Just out of curiosity, do you use nuts of any type or put frosting on your brownies? (I use chopped walnuts in the batter but no frosting just a dusting of powdered sugar.)
I'm not able to do much baking. I usually buy my brownies at the bakery or at Safeway. I prefer icing and nuts on my brownies but I have to buy whatever they have for sale.

Muffy