Cream/sandy Litter Of 3! What Are They?

tinyseaturtles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Their mom is a cream brown point tabby ... deal? There's a debate about her heritage but she's gorgeous and the babies are literally clones of her in fur except a lot lighter.
Any idea what I can expect as they grow color wise?
They all look basically the same except one who's head is lighter white toned and one who has a brush of grey over the cream.
Dad may have been either a big long haired white cat or a grey short haired tabby. It's hard to say given the strays I've seen.
They are lighter in person and their paws are pink and noses

Attachments

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The kittens are far too young to look at for any possible breed influence. They appear to be newborns. Do you have any pictures of mom by herself? A full front and side view would be very helpful. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They arent not points. Dad is prob the grey one, as white is dominant, and at least one of the kittens would be white if the white one was the father.

One of the kittens is prob a tortie, as you tell mommas basical color and grey on the head.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. The a little whitier kitten is probably diluted, it will be creme in color with time. Daddy being grey carries the dilutation gene, this we know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tinyseaturtles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ps. The a little whitier kitten is probably diluted, it will be creme in color with time. Daddy being grey carries the dilutation gene, this we know.
I honestly can't tell them apart! It's crazy. But I agree the grey tabby short hair was fathering 3 litters I know of so makes sense

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can have some food dye, or non poisonous nail polish on their nails. Be prepared to renew now and them, as momma will tend to lick it off.
This way you will know whom is who. Important to know if you need to weigh them, or giving medicines or supplementing...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mama is a dark red tabby, not brown, and not cream or point :). The babies, to me, look to all be red, of various shades. Can you tell what sex they are yet? If you post rear pictures we can help. All of her boy kittens will be red, because boys always take their color from their mother. Girls get one color gene from each parent, so if the daddy was dark any girls would be torties/calicos. If any red ones are female, that means the daddy was red too. If they're all male that means you'll never know what color daddy was, lol. Except, yeah, if the daddy was white it's likely at least one kitten would be white.

Oh wait, nevermind, looking at the pictures in a different light I can see the mama IS pointed, and does have some brown. Hmm. She must be tortie, to have red babies. Do you have any other pictures of her? I would hate to suggest annoying her with new pictures now so I won't ask for that :D.

Last edited: