Crazy Easter miracle story for you

Mushandthefamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, here is a heartwarming story for you all.
My neighbor and I take care of two cat colonies. Most everyone is fixed I believe, except for one elusive female.
Saturday night something told me to go out back in my yard and check the back deck of my neighbor’s house. When I arrived, I heard faint crying but thought it was a baby bird. In the distance, I saw in the second stair of the deck something swaying in the wind. I heard the cries again but didn’t process what I was looking at could be something alive..I thought it was a small plastic bag waving around. Anyway I finally investigated it and couldn’t believe what I saw.
A newborn kitten was hanging off the top step of the deck by its umbilical cord, anchored by the now dried placenta on the upper step. The poor baby was swinging upside down, like a bungee chord, hollering it’s little lights out. It looked like it was there for a while and it had started to rain at that point. So, I quickly grabbed the kitten and felt it to be extremely cold. The umbilical cord was dried to leather. I immediately pried off the placenta and took baby, cord and everything right away inside my house . I know I could’ve waited to see if mom came back but honestly babe was cold, everything was dried up and he was hanging upside down, God knows how long.
Once inside, I quickly cut the cord, tried to warm the kitten up and then tried to bottle feed it, but I really don’t know what I’m doing. I did go back to neighbor to see if I could find mom or any other kittens but didn’t.
I have two current nursing foster moms in my house. One has her milk drying up but some might be left. This is Mush.She investigated the kitten and gave him a nice bath and talked to him a bit but when he tried to nurse her she backed away.
The other mom is nursing two week old kittens and she did accept him but the much bigger kittens kept pushing little newborn out of the way.
Panicking, I finally found an experienced neonate foster to take him in and at midnight we headed out to deliver him and he had his first good meal. He ate well all night I’m told and is doing great currently.
I don’t know what made me go out to look in my neighbor’s yard but I’m glad I did. Any ideas on what might’ve happened to this baby?? Why did mom have him out on the open on a deck and why leave him?
Baby lucky:
C296F6E4-5AB1-48C4-830A-A67057B7E48C.jpeg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think real cat lovers such as yourself are tuned in to “catdar,” like radar for cats. I am so glad your Spidey senses were tingling and you heard the pleas of this little one. Thank you for sharing your literally heartwarming tale. 💗