Crazy Cat

StrawberryKitty

Ruled by a wacky cat named Ivy~
Kitten
Purraise
Recently, my cat has been basically insane. She'll run around the house like a maniac, then get tired and flop in the middle of the floor. Then, she gets up, dashes up the stairs, dashes back down, and again, flops over. And then, even after that, she runs a lap, then leaps up to the top of her cat tree, grooms her left leg, (very specific) then jumps off. Does anybody else have this kind of thing going on? How do you deal with it? Anyway, thanks in advance!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This sounds different than overly exuberant zoomies, but would it be possible that you could post a video?

Have you talked to your vet about this-- since this started after her checkup, right?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's showing you how she plays... Kind of like a two year old kid saying,"Look! Mom! Watch me!"

Casper does this almost every night, especially when he thinks we aren't paying enough attention like when we are watching TV and not playing with him the way he wants.

He'll climb on the TV stand while we are watching, jump up, jump down, climb INSIDE the TV stand and all sorts of other silly cat stuff.

Your cat probably thinks you aren't paying the "right" kind of attention to her and wants you to play.

Lulu&Finn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is just my situation so not diagnosing. Lulu does this and I believe she has hyperesethia. She did it more when she was younger but will still do it some days. She also shakes her head.

I stopped giving her any fish wet food a while ago. This past month I got some with my Chewy delivery and sure enough she had a couple of episodes.

Maybe I’m nuts but I feel like it’s related.