Cracked dry paw pads

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For those in favour of declawing, please re read section 4 of the rules in which you agreed to when signing up with us

4. This website is anti-declawing. Understand that if you are pro-declaw in your posts, you will encounter opposition. Please learn more about alternatives for declawing here in our forums as well as on our website itself. Declaw - More than Just a Manicure.

susan0o

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, your poor animals.  You certainly don't deserve pets if you are willing to opt for something you deem cruel rather than deal with a domineering mate.  Disgusting.

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

because some people love cats and their nice furniture too. Honestly if I could go back I would probably declaw. I know its cruel but have husbands drop them off at the pound hurts too.
It is very possible to have nice furniture and cats at the same time without declawing. I am sure if the previous cats had their way and could go back they would chose differently also.

I don't understand how someone can remain with a person that would destroy a cat  they loved, or any cat for that matter.

Honestly if that was even a thought in my head that they could do that I wouldn't be with them. Let's just forget about the poor cat in this situation for a second. But this is a husband so I guess with husbands from what I have heard you are supposed to love them and they are supposed to love you, right? Well, how can someone that supposedly loves you do something to cause harm to something you love? How can you love someone if they have done that? And what will they do next. If you have kids I hope they never break anything or who knows. Sending a cat to a shelter is a death sentence in most instances. Declawing is a torture sentence with a side of chronic pain forever.

There are other ways of having nice stuff and happy cats. Many other ways. If you would like to know about them just ask.

There are many ways to relieve oneself of an abusive and cruel partner, all legal and all appropriate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kattiekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! Old post but I'm the original poster. Poor Katie is having a minor issue with that same foot. The pad is a little chapped and swollen. I applied vetricyn spray and am going to grab some clindimycin from the vet tomorrow. I can't believe anyone would be pro declaw on this site and so was surprised to see the poster who mentioned if she could do it again she'd have her cats declawed.
Maybe if she saw the pain my cat gets and the chronic foot issues we deal with, she would think differently. I used to work at a vet that did declaws and it was cruel and appalling and if owners actually saw the pain their cats were in before picking them up, I highly doubt they'd be pro declaw afterwards. I feel so bad for my girl when she gets a flare up in her toes. She has actually been ok for awhile, but those toe pads get sore easily and swollen. My holistic vet thinks it has to do with the declaw because it has changed the way she walks, but at least there are no bone spurs.

pretty eyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This winter, every morning when i went out to go to work, i would see foot prints in the snow so every night i would put dry food out and in the morning it would be gone, well when the snow melted and i was looking out my kitchen window, i saw a black cat. She came to me, very friendly. I would feed her and play with her and notice she never left my yard, she would sleep under my porch. So i took her in .  Her pads are very hard and dry and are cracked and i have had her in the house now for 5 weeks and she is starting to limp. Her right front pad is cracking more. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  I saw some posts about coconut oil and i am going to try this.  If anyone knows something else i should do please let me know.. I think it is from her living outside with the snow in the winter  and hot ground in the summer.

Thankyou