Covid has hit my old job now!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I had said months ago that I took a part time job driving for a Vision Loss Center since I was laid off from my job of 21.5 years. Yesterday I was getting some work done on my wife's car at a place that is about 1.5 miles away from the job that I am laid off from, but their waiting area and bathroom were closed, so of course when her car was done I had to use the litter box ha so I drove to my old job and went in, saw no one, used the bathroom in the area that I work in that only a few of us ever use, and when I was coming out I saw one of my coworkers standing about 12 feet away, he said "hi", I said "hi", he asked "are you just coming in to say hello?", I told him my bathroom story, and he proceeded to tell me that they just got an email that the office is "officially" closed because two people in the other part of the building (the real estate part which is a pretty good distance away) tested positive for Covid! :eek2: He said he just cleaned the bathroom with Clorox, he was like I said about 10 feet away or so, he wasn't sick, I talked to him about 25-30 seconds from a distance but when he said that I waved and said "see ya, stay safe" and got right out! I know that those sick people weren't in for days since it was the weekend, and they really don't come back into our area much and really don't ever go in that bathroom, but I was very "unsettled" after hearing that, but everyone says there was nothing to worry about and I know that, but it sure plays some mind games with you if you let it! But the ones that got it, the one I used to see him wearing a mask and even gloves, the woman not at all, but I think they along with others here in PA. got complacent, they saw the cases were dwindling and thought they were above this virus so they let go of the mask and social distancing and now it got them....I am glad that I wasn't in working last week or I'd really be nervous, the last time that I talked to the woman was 13 days ago so I figure I would've had symptoms by now, so she must've gotten it after that.

It's a very strange feeling when it hits close to home like that! But thank God I saw that guy and he told me right away, I might've gone wandering around the building seeing who was there so I could talk and say hello to, and that would've put me up in their area!! :eek2: :running:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work in a warehouse with over 2K people. We've had positive cases. Thankfully, I'm not in super close contact with anyone who's tested positive, but one did work in my general area. I just wear my mask, stand 6' away, and wash my hands.