Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Count Playing Fetch

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by Count, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Count

Count Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Dec 25, 2018
    Turkey
    Just another video of Count. This time we are playing fetch. (Which lasted over 2 hours!)

kittypa, aliceneko, FeebysOwner and 2 others purraised this.

2. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Two hours!!!! Who got tired first? You? Or Count?

FeebysOwner and Maria Bayote purraised this.

3. Count

Dec 25, 2018
    Turkey
    Yep. Two hours. I have a very energetic kitty. Count got tired. He started to take his time before bringing the toy back. That usually means the game is about to end. But it didn't end because of that, it ended because the toy got stuck under the couch. He usually meows for a few minutes when he loses a toy to the couch, but this time he just got on my lap, kneaded and headbutted while purring for a few minutes and then fell asleep.

kittypa and rubysmama purraised this.

4. Maria Bayote

Maria Bayote Mama of 4 Cats, 3 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans Super Cat

Jan 15, 2018
    Doha
    Wow, 2 hours!
    And I never thought cats could play fetch! What a smart one!

When i throw something for my cats to fetch, either they ignore me or they just catch and keep. If I try to retrieve it, I'd get a double swat. :lol:

rubysmama and Count purraised this.

5. Count

Dec 25, 2018
    Turkey
    We play fetch only when he feels like it. He has a specific toy that he brings me when he wants to play. Otherwise if I throw something, the same thing happens that happens to you.

rubysmama and Maria Bayote purraised this.

6. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    My Ruby doesn't play fetch, but she does like baseball/tennis, where I throw the ball, and she bats it back at me. Then I "fetch" it and throw it to her again. But our game never lasts any where near 2 hours! Probably because the human gets exhausted chasing and fetching the ball. :lol:

Count purraised this.

7. FeebysOwner

FeebysOwner TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Glad to see Count doing so well!! Brought back memories of my first cat, Tawny (RIP). He would play fetch and loved every minute of it. I didn't train him, he just came that way! :rolleyes:

No such luck with either Gracie (RIP) who would catch the toy/ball and keep it. And now with Feeby, she mostly just watches the item as if flies by her! In her 'spryer' days, she would jump up to bat it down - but, then expect you to come get it and throw it again. :anticipation:

Count purraised this.