Could use some good thoughts.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad died of primary liver cancer, so I have a clue. I don't know what drugs your husband is on, but if they include major pain killers that can affect the ability to think. Also, the liver does a lot (Liver: Anatomy and Functions), specifically including clearing poisons from the bloodstream. If those are building up that, also, could affect the ability to think. Be sure and tell his doctor about the problems he's having; they could be important symptoms.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

:alright::grouphug2:

Margret

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was caregiver to a friend during an illness. He often became confused too. (He was on strong painkillers) He would refuse many things and hospital trips were one of those things. I found that sometimes others could convince him better than I could. I think he just got used to telling me no because I was the caregiver who was always the one having to give meds, encourage eating and generally having to get him to do what was needed where others were not. I frequently called on friends, neighbors and even drove him to the fire station if it was important. He seemed to enjoy talking to others and was not argumentative with them. He was always agreeable with the EMTs at the fire department. They were very kind to us both. Once the pain meds were reduced and he felt better, he improved greatly. I hope things get easier for you both. :grouphug:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynda,

Im' happy to hear he was admitted. I can only imagine what a stressful times this is for you.
Please take good care of yourself, maybe have some really good take out, cuddle with kitties.

Love,
Mia xxx praying for both of you💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I was at the hospital with him the entire time the tropical storm was moving through our area. I was worried about home because the entire state had tornado warnings out. Since it was dark when I got home I couldn't see if we had any damage so this morning I checked. We have a large limb down on a tree in the backyard and a dead tree from the woods behind our property fell into my flower bed at the edge of the yard. Not to bad. I would like to deal with it before heading to the hospital.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would update. He is still in the hospital and I honestly don't see much change in him, at least when he called me at 12:30 last night. He was hallucinating and very confused. He was begging me to come get him. Please, if you or someone you care about have liver disease, LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR! This situation could have potentially been avoided or lessened if he would have taken all the medications prescribed. I am exhausted! I have had 8 hours sleep since Monday night, but we do what we have to and go on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad your husband was admitted; the hospital is probably the best place for him right now.

Can you call a tree guy to come in for that downed limb and the tree? It may take him a while to get to you, but at least you'll be on his list.

I'm keeping you and your husband in my thoughts. :hugs: Please take care of you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am exhausted! I have had 8 hours sleep since Monday night, but we do what we have to and go on.
I'm so sorry and hope you sleep a bit better tonight although I understand you have a lot on your mind. :hugs: Did the doctor(s) give you any idea how long your husband would have to be in the hospital? Thinking of you.:vibes::vibes::vibes: