Could use some good thoughts for something important to us

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! TCS magic is SO working!

There are ALWAYS glitches with these things - a wrong account number, a wrong broker number .... something.
BUT...

We are half way there! Got this note a few minutes ago:

Looks like we have 2 DWACS in...
That means ALL the info got entered correctly by the broker dealers and delivery is happening!

The last step is... our company contact notifying his accounting department to wire the funds.... and they're an hour earlier, so there's still a chance it's here today, and likely it's tomorrow!!!! WORST CASE it is DEFINITELY (knock wood) here Monday!

C'mon wire........

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably an expensive steak with brussel sprouts. We'll be shopping at Whole Foods instead of buying on sale and with coupons at the A&P.

Even if the money shows up Monday, we'll still head out for the Whole Foods shopping, probably just wait until the following weekend for a celebration meal. Maybe get Chinese Take out Monday night.

But I am going to go ahead and schedule Chum's appointment.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you Tons and tons of vibes
You both are such wonderful people and I wish you the very best in life!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, just got the word - in the end there was some kind of glitch.
At one firm, it's some kind of internal paperwork. The other firm is "looking into it first thing tomorrow."

But the good news is... it IS happening. And leaves something to look forward to "next year," right?
So we may have our "treat" next weekend, but thank you for all the good thoughts and vibes!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be sooo frustrating, especially when you know it will happoen and htere are only silly things holding it up. But fingers crossed that it comes int he next couple of days and you really enjoy that well deserved celebration.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I'm way behind, I'm sending lots of vibes that you'll be celebrating in no time! And that sweet little boy will have his vet exam soon!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

Even though I'm way behind, I'm sending lots of vibes that you'll be celebrating in no time! And that sweet little boy will have his vet exam soon!
Me three. Tons of

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw this and I'm so glad things are moving along. Praying all goes well and you get paid SOON!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that little black cloud still looms....
Turns out there's a major glitch - which MIGHT be resolved Monday or Tuesday OR it will require everyone in the investment to sign new paperwork and the security be delivered differently than initially planned... which means we'd get paid near the end of January.

Nothing to do but wait and laugh. And likely reschedule Chumley's next holistic vet visit. Don't want to start acupuncture until we can keep going.

Things to look forward to, right?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy, we just stocked up on (prescription) cat food, we've got a 75 gallon gas tank in the RV that we've only had to siphon once for the car (and we work from home so we don't have to go out much if we need to conserve gas), we keep months of camping food on hand and a pantry full of cans of stuff and rice and such for times like this (our freezer is teeney so not particularly helpful. But pantry we always restock when we get paid cuz it's always lumpy); one of Gary's doctors is willing to let us not pay at the time of visit if we can't (because he knows we eventually get all caught up).... and we keep one credit card for emergencies only so we've got money to pay for Gary's meds... and our vets are just great about payments and emergencies.

...and there's only 2 things I can really do for Gary. Keep smiling (and get sleep to help me keep smiling LOL).

I've got TCS when the smiles are difficult.

And I took a sleeping pill last night around 1:00am - and though I woke up to take care of the inside kitties and the outside kitties, I fell back to sleep and then slept until the next indoor-kitty feeding at 1:30. So
I FINALLY got LOTS of sleep!

I cheated by leaving dry cat food out in the bathroom (or Flowebelle only lets me get a couple of hours sleep at a time). Chumley doesn't go in there (he's allergic to the rice bran in it), and Billy... well... I'm sure he busted his diet last night, but once in a while isn't going to hurt him.