Could this be her mucus plug?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank yall! I have her some food and water with her, and I will move her litter box closer. I also have her eating kitten food, but will get some kitten replacement milk. Would goats milk be good for her? I will DEFINITELY be taking more pictures! They are all so cute! My daughter keeps wanting to mess with them, so I've been trying to keep my distance as much as possible but I will be taking pics as soon as she goes to school in the morning lol mom and babies are all sleeping right now, so I'm very happy everything went ok. The last kitten worried me because of how he came out and she wasn't chewing his cord, but it was ok. I was just panicking. Thank yall all so much, and I will be posting more pics in the morning

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Full fat goat’s milk is fine!

I hate to disappoint your daughter, but she really should not handle the kittens at all the first two weeks, and certainly not before their eyes are open. She should just sit nearby and watch them for now. :)

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes mam, I was explaining that to her earlier and its driving her crazy not touching them :lol: but she has done really good. That's why I've been keeping my distance from them, so she isnt tempted to touch them. I'm excited to see them good and dry in the morning. Mom hasnt got up at all, but I did put food and water in her reach so she was able to get some.

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are always either sleeping or eating, and I cant bring myself to disturb them during either :lol: so I havent got individual pictures of them yet, but here are the little cuties sleeping.
20191121_152935.jpg

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok for my other adult cats to have goat milk sometimes? They were dying to know what she was drinking, and I felt bad not giving them any. So when she was done I made a small bowl for them and they loved it! Could they have it a few times a week as a treat?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen a decent explanation for why, but lactose intolerance seems less likely to apply to goat milk than to cow milk, in both humans and cats (and most adult cats are lactose intolerant, which is why we don't give them cow milk).

Margret