Could this be her mucus plug?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Labor has started! No pushing or anything, but I suspected something last night when she got in the bed with us and was demanding I pet her. Which has always been a huge no no lol. Her rule is, you can look but you cant touch lol. And I rubbed her belly for a good hour. Then this morning she picked up right where she left off. And shes been meowing like crazy, which I think it's the first time I've ever heard her make a sound. She is always so quiet. But her back end is wet with a pinkish liquid. So I'm hoping today is the day. It doesn't look like shes dropped, and I have to go have lunch with my daughter at school today, so I hope she has them before I leave or after I get back. I doubt it will be before, but I hate to have to leave her.

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also have a question about something I just noticed. She doesn't let people get too close, so I am just noticing this now, but her pads on her back feet are really chapped looking. Is this normal, or is something wrong?
20191120_072352.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is in full on labor. She will probably have them later today, but it depends on when labor started. Try not to be gone too long.

That looks like a possible fungus on her paw pads. It will require anti-fungal creme like nystatin. Can you send this picture to your vet and ask to pick up a prescription? Fungal infections can spread. They also itch. She clearly cannot go to the vet herself right now.

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean 3 in the picture lol

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, 5! I think she is done, the last baby came out feet first and it took her a long time to chew the cord, but they all found a boob and have settled down a little. She is cleaning them and herself. We are so happy, I will get pictures later after they are cleaned up!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sweet! I know mama kitty is exhausted. Delivering a breech baby is extremely difficult. She did great!

Put her food, water, and litter nearby so she doesn’t have to go far when she’s ready to get up. :)