Could this be her mucus plug?

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20191110_094344.jpg
I'm going to attach a picture, and it looks a little gross. So I apologize in advance. But my cat, pretty lady, is 61 days pregnant and she has something brownish coming out of her lady parts. This is all I've seen, so I'm not sure if there is more somewhere that came out and this is what's left or what. But it seems to be pretty dried, and she doesnt like to be handled much, so I had no luck trying to clean it off. She isnt acting like she is in pain, she isnt really acting different at all. A little more affectionate, but not overly so. I thought maybe she pooped herself because of the color, but it looks like it came out of the other hole. Also, when I did try to clean it, it feels almost hard, not gooey or anything

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are good, about the same. She is just laying around. I tried cleaning it off again to get a better look at it, but she isnt having it. I did smell the rag I tried to use and it doesnt seem to have a smell, but I didnt really get any of it. Just a smear on the rag.

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little update...pretty lady is still very pregnant. Not really acting like labor is ready to start. She does sort of "toss and turn" like she cant really get comfortable when she lays down, but that's about the only change I've seen. Her belly feels tighter than it has been, but it doesnt look like shes dropped, and the kittens are still moving alot. She isnt interested in any of the nests we've made, and she has been spending alot of time under my bed. We have hardwood floors, so I've been afraid it would be too cold under there. I took my bed apart today and put a large rug underneath it, in case she does go there to have her babies. She loved it lol and laid on it as soon as I laid it down. But we are still waiting anxiously!

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, all week she has been sleeping alot. Only waking up to eat and use the litter box then going right back to sleep. Now today she is playing alot. Like she is feeling really good. I figured she was tired all week because the baby is were coming soon and today shes acting like she isnt even pregnant :lol: :lol: obviously she is, but she is running with the other cats, hiding behind stuff and jumping out at them when they walk by. Just normal playing behavior. Is this normal, after she has been basically sleeping for a few day?

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, when I scratch her back she pushes back with her back legs like shes in heat

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens, but when she came out of the litter box a few minutes ago she was pressing her butt on the floor and scooting it. Nothing was on the floor when she got done, I thought maybe she was cleaning it or something. Or maybe it was just itching.

Brittani723

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully we are getting close :D she had a loose stool a little while ago. Not watery, but definitely not firm. I've read that happens when it's getting close to time. I was starting to get worried because she is almost at the 70 day mark, but maybe this is a sign that it's going to happen soon :redheartpump: fingers crossed! I feel like I'm going crazy waiting to see them!!