Could Someone Tell Me My Cat's Breed?

Jwhitt7574

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been trying for years to figure out my childhood cat's breed, but never been able to pinpoint one. My family thought she was a Main Coon, but she was a very small cat even when she was fully grown. She had big paws,
ears, and a big fluffy tail that weren't exactly proportional to her tiny body. She also had what looked like black eyeliner around her eyes. (Sorry only pictures I could find her eyes were shut) If anyone has any guesses I would appreciate it.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She was an adorable tabby domestic longhair! Most cats aren't any particular breed. I'm not certain of the proper term for her coloring, though. (Others will be along to give a description of that.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jwhitt7574

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet thought she was part Main coon or Norwegian Forest because she had all the traits of them, but then she never grew. He then said it might just be because she was the runt of the litter.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My vet thought she was part Main coon or Norwegian Forest because she had all the traits of them, but then she never grew. He then said it might just be because she was the runt of the litter.
Vets don't often know much about cat breeds. They aren't trained to identify them, and a lot of them think that cat breeds work like dog breeds (they don't).

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely cat! I would describe her as a silver tabby domestic longhair.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like my Brandy, a DLH.
Beautiful cat.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was a not very common color. She may have been a mixed Persian, Maine Coon or such.
Beautiful cat.