Could someone please tell me what breed is this cat?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As he has no pedigree papers, he is a Domestic Short Hair.  His coloring is known as grey or brown tabby (not sure which since he has both), but I think grey is correct.

He also looks like a CHC - cuddly house cat.

Welcome to TCS.  Let us know his name and how old he is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eflow504

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome.. His name is Zed.. He will be 1 year in a few months. Its a wild story how this he came to live with us. My older daughter was on her way home from school one day, and at a red light see this baby kitten in the middle of a very busy intersection. Being my daughter she jumps out of the car runs over and picks him up. This kitten was so young we had to bottle feed him and help him use the bathroom. Now that he is older he is the craziest, smartest cat i have ever had. He chirps like a bird when he wants you to play with him. He dorks when you pick him up because he doesn't want to be held, but he will love on you all day.  No joke this cat plays fetch, and fast i have never seen a cat move like he does. His coat is beautiful and soft. You see all the spots on him, but if you push his hair it's a different color underneath like the spots are only on the top of his coat. He has a lot of hanging skin under his belly why i don't know. He sleeps with me and wakes me up in the morning with what i call a head butt ha. He loves to rub faces. He is a cool guy we are happy to have him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eflow504

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also when I come home he beats the dog to the door to welcome me back. He loves our dog Maddie I mean to the point where you can tell Maddie just wants him to leave her alone. ha.. He is very friendly to everyone in the house, but for some reason he doesn't go far from me. If someone comes over get out of his way because he is going hide ha.. Just thought I would add a few more things about him

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown tabby.  The dark bits are dark brown or black.  On a grey tabby (more correctly called blue) they are blue/grey.

aep155

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks very much like he has some Bengal in him and def from his character... look them up and you'll see some characteristics - although they say Bengals are not lap-cats mine def is!!  Lots of similar markings but very much a cross.  Hope that helps.  The tabby is just the colouration but Bengals are just more refined and specific patterns etc after being bred from the wild Asian Leopard Cat from what I understand.  They also have a completely different coat to normal cats and is described as a pelt - super soft ;)

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Think it's really hard to see what the pattern actually is from the photo - we can see his cute contented face.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown Spotted Tabby and White , and all you can really know is "Domestic". (@ Oriental - in most of the photos the pattern is difficult to see, but in the last photo, one can definitely see the spots on the side. ( and not just the belly or I would say it wasn't sure, since other kinds of tabbies can have belly spots. )
&nbsp
It is sure not impossible he could have some Bengal in him; they have become very popular some places (especially in the U.S.) and that means not only with responsible people, so I think there are quite a few Bengal mixes turning up. I am seeing more spotted tabby moggies than I recall there used to be, and it is possible that might be due to the popularity of some spotted tabby breeds especially Bengals. but I'm not saying that any spotted tabby must be part Bengal -- it's a pattern that was already in the domestic cat population.

Anyway , he is a very cute cat! Looks like he stuck his muzzle in the cream. I'm so glad your daughter rescued the baby kitten and your family took such good care of him. He was a very lucky little kitten to be rescued by such nice people. and he sounds like quite a cool cat.