Could she be pregnant?

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a question about my female cat. She's 11 months old and is in heat. She had an appointment to get spayed in November, but my husband lost his job and was out of work for a long time. So, we had to put off her appointment. Hopefully, we'll be able to spay her next month. My question is, she's currently in heat and got outside last night. She was only out for 2 hours and then she finally came to me when I called her. We live in the suburbs and there are cats outside, but I have no idea if they are neutered. My cat NEVER leaves the house so she was probably scared out of her mind. How likely is it, do you think, that she could have gotten pregnant in that short time? Is there anything that would indicate that she mated, or do I just have to wait and see? I'm very worried about this and will feel terrible if she is pregnant. I certainly never expected her to run outside like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It only takes about 3 seconds for a cat to get prgenant. This is why only 1 whole cat can create hundreds of unwanted kittens in a lifetime. If she was in heat and now she is not, she is likely pregnant. In 2 to 4 weeks her nipples will get pink and start to enlarge. If you take her before you know for sure to get spayed, if she is pregnant, the vet will not check and just perform the surgery. So you may want to keep her inside to be sure for now.