Coronavirus Hoarding - cat version

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello,

just checked and its the same price as always. I just watched a documentary on what tyson has done to small chicken farmers, its horrible. I buy perdue, havent had a chance to research if they have their hands dirty too.

I used to buy chicken from a small spanish grocery store. but the chicken always had this strong odor. The cats loved it, and my mom told me thats what farm meat smells like. Not sure if thats true.
Prices haven't changed by me either yet, but there's still a lot of shortages, I have a standing delivery order for 1 whole perdue chicken every other friday(snack for the cats, meals are still canned food). I got nothing this order, the 2 orders before it was substituted for a package of 3 store brand chicken thighs (hopefully from more than one chicken).

If you're referring to the bullying/extorting of chicken farmers, forcing them into tournament farming contracts, etc Pilgrim’s Pride, Tyson, Perdue, Koch Foods, and Sanderson Farms are all equally guilty of unfair labor and and predatory competition practices. It's the same list that are guilty of cure animals farming practices.

Tyson just gets more attention because they supply the large fast food chains across the entire nation, Purdue mainly sells in grocery stores and only specific regions of the country. The companies are pretty identical

Chicken Humanely raised in farms where growers get a living wages would cost $6-8/lb.

Unless you want to pay that much, it doesn't matter what brand you buy, it's all coming from an evil factory farm.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prices haven't changed by me either yet, but there's still a lot of shortages, I have a standing delivery order for 1 whole perdue chicken every other friday(snack for the cats, meals are still canned food). I got nothing this order, the 2 orders before it was substituted for a package of 3 store brand chicken thighs (hopefully from more than one chicken).

If you're referring to the bullying/extorting of chicken farmers, forcing them into tournament farming contracts, etc Pilgrim’s Pride, Tyson, Perdue, Koch Foods, and Sanderson Farms are all equally guilty of unfair labor and and predatory competition practices. It's the same list that are guilty of cure animals farming practices.

Tyson just gets more attention because they supply the large fast food chains across the entire nation, Purdue mainly sells in grocery stores and only specific regions of the country. The companies are pretty identical

Chicken Humanely raised in farms where growers get a living wages would cost $6-8/lb.

Unless you want to pay that much, it doesn't matter what brand you buy, it's all coming from an evil factory farm.
I think unfortunately you have to brave the stores and beat out other buyers. I dont blame you if you dont want to do that. i only go when necessities run out.

I had no idea it would cost so much to buy from a real farmer! It really shows how ignorant i am about certain topics. What a difficult dilemma. :sigh:

It's almost as if our new kitten isn't aware that there is paper towel shortage.

View attachment 330700View attachment 330701
Send the kitten to the Purritentiary!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hehe. Adorable as it is frightening. Lolli (2 years old now) discovered this same trick several weeks ago. Be glad it was paper towels and not your skin.
The apocalypse started a few weeks after we got her. Yesterday was the first time she's been near a roll of paper towels. I've never seen her claw at anything in the house, one of the other cats may have framed her.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note that this is the "Cats Meow" part of the forum and this discussion if for issues with getting cat supplies. I've moved some of the posts about human supplies to the coronavirus thread in the Cat Lounge where there is an extensive discussion about this -

Corona Virus Now Spreading