Corona Virus Now Spreading

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband just got over covid again, I'd been bugging him to go get his third shot but he hasn't and started feeling like crap recently, he came home from work and I told him to take a home test, positive. He felt on and off crummy for about five days, I felt fine the whole time but tested myself at home just in case, I'm glad I ordered some tests because they came in handy.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my second dose of the Moderna in January, and ever since then I have felt........off. There is nothing that I can put my finger on, except for a momentary feeling of vertigo when I stand up, and an overall feeling that something isn't right. But, what would I tell a doctor that wouldn't get me laughed out of the office- after paying the bill, of course? The doc would probably just tell me that I'm old, and that's all there is to it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my second dose of the Moderna in January, and ever since then I have felt........off. There is nothing that I can put my finger on, except for a momentary feeling of vertigo when I stand up, and an overall feeling that something isn't right. But, what would I tell a doctor that wouldn't get me laughed out of the office- after paying the bill, of course? The doc would probably just tell me that I'm old, and that's all there is to it.
Is Dizziness a Symptom of COVID-19?
Why do I have dizziness after COVID - 19 vaccine? - PhysioFit of NC
Acute Vertigo After COVID-19 Vaccination: Case Series and Literature Review

Vertigo, and dizziness is not only a symptom of long covid it has also been documented as a post vaccination side effect. You could go to your doc and tell them your experiencing vertigo and feeling "off". You shouldn't be laughed out of the office as vertigo can signal other things as well. It could simply be an inflammatory reaction in the inner ear, but the vaccine has also caused lymph node swelling and if the lymph nodes are inflamed and not draining, it could cause pressure in the ears that could contribute to feelings of dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss/fullness of the ear, popping etc...
Also, vertigo upon standing could signal a sudden drop in blood pressure...
Orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension) - Symptoms and causes.
Weather it's just a coincidence that it started after vaccination or not, the doc should not ignore it. We do know that the cardiovascular system is known to be affected by not only a Covid infection but also by the vaccine.

I'm not trying to scare you....but just giving you some info on what you could tell your doc...you should not feel like the doc wouldn't listen to you...he should investigate if he's worth a lick.

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
6h????? how so????💖
I would love to respond to you, but I don't understand your question. I think the system must have jumbled something on your reply. Please let me know what the question was again, and I'll be sure to respond :rbheart:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't made up my mind too have the booster shot. I've read recently that it's not advised for persons in my age group. I think it's a wait and see situation for me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am going to wait a bit for the 4th shot. It will depend on what is happening in Europe, and what is happening around here.
With the first booster, I ran out to get it, immediately. It seems the efficacy of it decreases over time. So it may not be good for right now.. at least for me.. since spring is coming, more outdoor stuff.

But there is a bad cold going around; along with allergies. I may restart wearing the mask again..
I do wear it in stores, or church.

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she meant, how did you get to 6 shots? Which vaccine did you get?
I got the shots at my doctor's office (Not to worry-it's the same shot whether you go to your doctor, the pharmacy, a local clinic, etc.). My sister died from the 3rd shot, but that is because her doctor said that she waited 5 months before she got it. If only she had listened to her! 😿 👩‍❤️‍👩

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That's terrible. Did she have an anaphylactic reaction?

The question I have is how/why did you get 6 shots? I thought the US was only up to the 4th shot at this point, does your doctor like to do extras?

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That's terrible. Did she have an anaphylactic reaction?

The question I have is how/why did you get 6 shots? I thought the US was only up to the 4th shot at this point, does your doctor like to do extras?
I don't know the technical terminology, but her doctor (and mine said the same thing) warned that if the next shot is not taken in the proper timeframe, there are adverse reactions that include death, since the shots only last 3 months.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know the technical terminology, but her doctor (and mine said the same thing) warned that if the next shot is not taken in the proper timeframe, there are adverse reactions that include death, since the shots only last 3 months.
I am really sorry about opus sister... But--- what is meant by this?? It is very difficult to understand...

The Covid shots and boosters are a preventative.. It is not within a certain time period..
Perhaps the country you are in, and your language is misinterpreting what you are stating and what we are asking you.

I hate to say this, but---what are you saying.. I do not understand it....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that should happen if you don't get the next shot is that the protection could wear off and you could get COVID, but there shouldn't be an actual bad reaction to the shot. I got my booster after 9 months with no ill effects.

Are you in a different country? I looked at your profile and it says California but if you aren't in the US it might be a different brand of vaccine, or the doctors might be different, idk. But none of the US vaccines are approved for 3-month boosters.

Last edited:

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry about opus sister... But--- what is meant by this?? It is very difficult to understand...

The Covid shots and boosters are a preventative.. It is not within a certain time period..
Perhaps the country you are in, and your language is misinterpreting what you are stating and what we are asking you.

I hate to say this, but---what are you saying.. I do not understand it....
This is so tragic. I'm from America, so it sounds like you are from elsewhere and there is a language barrier. I'm not a physician. I will listen to the doctor and the pharmacist. 🤗