Corona Virus Now Spreading

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my booster Friday night and it kicked my butt all day Saturday. My first 2 were Moderna but the boostee was Pfizer. I also got my 2nd Shingles shot at the same time but I don't think that had anything to do with me feeling bad yesterday. I am surprised how much I got accomplished despite how bad I felt. I am feeling 1000% better today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Glad you are feeling better. I got all vaccines from Pfizer. The first 2 really bothered me: fever, achey joints, etc. The booster did not bother me at all!

The Shingles shots were another issue! OMG... they really wiped me out. I felt sick for 3 days!

Glad the effects are calming down in your body. Good timing on the booster.

Omicron is in my State... sigh... So far, it seems to be in vaccinated people.. But we do not know if these vaccinated people had gotten the booster or not.... At least they are saying that it is a mild infection..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My booster isn't until the 18th. I was surprised there weren't any sooner. I'm going through Walgreens again, so I have to get another Moderna since they won't mix and match. I looked into getting Pfizer from Jewel Osco, because they do allow mixing, but they didn't have any appointments until the 23rd, and I'd rather get it not that close to Christmas.

Zuni Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got my booster Friday night and it kicked my butt all day Saturday. My first 2 were Moderna but the boostee was Pfizer. I also got my 2nd Shingles shot at the same time but I don't think that had anything to do with me feeling bad yesterday. I am surprised how much I got accomplished despite how bad I felt. I am feeling 1000% better today.
I felt awful after getting both Shingrix vaccines, just by themselves, so actually that might be the cause.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The feeling sick can happen with any vaccine. So far it has only happened to me once with a flu shot, it was one that I got before the pandemic. It hasn't happened again, so far it was just that one time. I think it sometimes has something to do with where our immune system is at instead of something with the vaccine itself.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get our booster on the 18th. We got the flu vacine on Tuesday. We had 1 case of Covid 2 weeks ago and 3 new cases last week. They are all on my floor. One man was coughing and sneezing for a week before they found out he had it. They all had their vaccines but not the booster. I think it is spreading in the dinning room. As a germophobic I notice things in there that should not be golng on.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! I need to figure mine out - I'm having it done at the university health center but for location it just says "outside" :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in assisted living and we won't get the booster until next week. We now have 10 active cases of Covid. Two people are staff and 8 are residents. All of the residents have gotten both vaccines. This is a small place with only 80 rooms and only 52 of the rooms are filled. A new company from Boston took over last August. Two gentlemen from there came here last week and told the woman in charge here to resign or be fired. She resigned. This place has really gone down hill. Most of the staff have left and they are having a hard time getting people to replace them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They have found three cases of the Omicron here in Central Ohio. All three had been vaccinated but hadn't gotten the booster. They have mild symptoms that are resolving quickly. There are probably a lot of people who have it but are asymptomatic so they are spreading it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
A friend heard of someone coming down with Ominicrom After having the booster. I do not know any moe details. Not sure when she got the booster, or where she has been.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the vaccines aren't very effective against the Omicron strain, even with a booster :/. Something like 48%, the last I saw. The good news is, Omicron infections are usually mild---nobody has died yet---and the vaccines appear to provide decent protection against long COVID.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was REALLY sick after my second shot, mildly after the booster. Both for one to two days. The second shot was working with a lot of antibodies from the first vaccination so that probably explains it. if you have a lot of antibodies, which means your immune system is working well, you will have a greater reaction, your immune system is really working hard against the antigens the vaccination is introducing. My mother who is in an assisted living had both vaccinations and still came down with covid. It was mild though, and she came through fine. PS Katie M, I pray your stepdad comes through this too......

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Their have been 8 more cases of covid showing up here. They closed the dinning room and we have to stay in our rooms. We won't get the booster utill Jan. 5. I guess senior citizons don't matter any more.
I thinks it’s more that your residence just doesn’t have its act together. Boosters have been available for several months and you would think that they would have been given weeks ago. January 5th isn’t too far away but it still isn’t right that you have to wait or to be so isolated.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too think it is an issue with the facility. There is plenty of vaccine available. Since I got Moderna for my first two shots I had to wait on the FDA and CDC to do their thing. I got a booster a few days after it was opened up beyond just Pfizer and that was the end of October.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I also feel it is the facility and and management. I am hoping that since it has been taken over by a company from Massachusetts; that, your care will be improving. Fingers crossed.

I live in a senior housing building. It is supposed to be independent living; but, that has gone out the door. We have a couple 100 year olds in here, along with many who require a ton of care.

We have been taken really good care of. I went to CVS in September, for my booster.
They had a Booster Clinic in here a month ago. A flu shot clinic was 2 months ago.

Honestly, the first thing they did in here, when Covid hit us really hard; was to insist on Mandatory mask wearing when out side your apartments, immediately closed the dining room--all meals delivered, and stopped all group meetings. Gym was by appointment only.