Corona Virus Now Spreading

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suburban Cook County is officially on an indoor mask mandate again. I'm happy with that.

I don't know if the vaccine would have messed with my menstrual cycle. I'm still waiting for it to come back, lol. Benefit of breastfeeding, I guess.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went off birth control around the same time I got the vax, so who knows if the vaccine caused an issue. My period was a little late but arrived and everything was normal and is back to normal now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, another person with Delta, in this building. Tuesday, They had put a mask mandate in place.
That makes 6 in 10 days!!! YIKES!!!

The dining room is closed, the gym is closed, no exercise classes, no meeting of any type; until further notice. Only 3 people allowed in each elevator, and in the store. No gatherings ---people usually linger in the chairs in the lobby. Those chairs need to go.... in my opinion.

They immediately offered testing, this afternoon.. and we will be tested again, next week.

Then we take it from there.

Fingers crossed, we do not get another positive from the testing....

Management is still working on getting a Booster Clinic in here.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Masks have become so polarizing it is hard to know what is true and what isn't true. I have read that cloth masks aren't all that effective with the Delta variant because of the amount of virus which makes it more airborne. Procedures masks are more effective then cloth but still not all that great. The only masks that have a significant effect with the Delta variant is a properly fitted N95 mask. The properly fitted is not a really easy thing to do. It needs to be the type that ties rather then the ear loops and if it is on properly it is uncomfortable. That is what causes the red marks on health care workers faces that you see in pictures of them.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
When I was working I was fitted for the N95 masks. They are not selling the type I need:
a duck bill one.
I have looked and cannot fine one. I have to use what I can find on Amazon. It is maddening.
Yesterday, I double masked in here with a KN95 and a procedure mask.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a GoFundMe that has been shared by many friends of mine - a man my age (likely unvaxed) who has Covid and is in the ICU. He was sick with Covid in early August but instead of quarantining his wife (and baby) decided to go on vacation to Florida anyway. I just can't believe some people...

I definitely don't have Covid but will probably go to urgent care early tomorrow morning for a quick look; I still have a persistent cough and some rib pain. My doc prescribed cough medicine but it doesn't seem to be helping and I'd feel better if I knew that my lungs were clear and I wasn't dealing with bronchitis or something as I have a history of starting out with a cold and ending up with something more sinister; if I need meds I'd rather get them now. I'd feel better too as I have to go back to in-person work on Monday.

College kids are back in town and nearly everyone has signs in their yard to refill the local football stadium; our cases were already rising so we will see what happens with all of that.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio had a second day with over 5000 cases. The legislature took the Governor's power to issue mandates away, DeWine vetoed the legislation but they were able to override his veto. He can't issue mask mandates or have schools closed. There is very little in the way of masks being worn and as far as I know schools in this area are open as usual.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband just returned from a quick run to Home Depot and said everyone was wearing a mask. I was extremely surprised to hear that. The vaccination rate in the county is extremely low, and both hospitals have had to ask the state for help with additional health care workers. People are being told an ambulance can't pick them up because there are too many people ahead of them. Here are today's numbers from one of the hospitals. ICU is full. People are waiting up to three days in ER for a bed in a room.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 3.21.17 PM.png

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Trader Joe’s, about 10 miles from me. I was shocked to see that the workers did NOT have a mask! And many people in the store did not, either.

At PetSmart, adjoining it, all staff wore masks as well as customers.

Weird.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephew is the only one wearing a mask in his class. He's a germophobe or probably he wouldn't wear one either.

To be fair, ivermectin IS used in humans, but most doctors aren't going to go along with such nonsense, which is why some people are taking horse paste. Which is a bad idea.

I heard that the loval hospitals are automatically giving Regeneron to anyone who tests positive and is symptomatic, even mildly. Hopefully that works to keep them from getting severely ill.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I went to Trader Joe’s, about 10 miles from me. I was shocked to see that the workers did NOT have a mask! And many people in the store did not, either.

At PetSmart, adjoining it, all staff wore masks as well as customers.

Weird.
That surprises me about Trader Joe's. Ours has been so on top of everything. Of course, our governor has issued a mask mandate for indoors and one now for outdoors if you're in a public gathering.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
A neighbor went to the dentist this past week, and when she found out the hygienist wasn’t vaccinated she left. She talked to the dentist first and told him that although she was vaccinated, there was no way she was going to sit in a small room with her mouth open while an unvaccinated person put her hands in her mouth and breathed all over her. He said he understood her concern but it’s a small place and if he insisted staff get vaccinated, he’d lose them.

He may lose them anyway now that Oregon’s governor has mandated vaccinations for all K-12 personnel and health care workers. People are threatening to quit over it.