Corona Virus Now Spreading

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Australia and New Zealand handled the pandemic so much better than most countries.
I found myself several times over the last year looking online at property in both countries.
May I rent a little cottage on your property? :clap: :jive: I am quiet.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy I had Pfizer. I had the injection at a Cleveland Clinic facility but not the main campus. The PA
I see at Pain Management told me all of the Main campus had the Pfizer.I kind of think they wanted it that way.

More cases every day in my county.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the time I got mine at Kroger I had Moderna but they have since switched to Pfizer. If people have some unfounded idea that Pfizer is the one to get then so be it as long as they get vaccinated.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the UK we have a new so called "pingdemic" which happens via our Track and Trace app. It works like a GPS but tracks Coronavirus infections and cases in wherever you were visiting. It works by businesses and places of attraction having QR codes you can scan and link to the app. I got "pinged" on Friday (can only assume it was a result of my holiday and travelling a long way down the country) and it's my last day of isolation tomorrow.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got an update from my hospital group.
New policy going into effect soon at all of their hospitals in this region.

"All hospital visitors to show photo ID and proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative CoVID-19 test taken within previous 72 hours".

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Along similar lines, I already have information in my electronic medical records that are available to my hospital group that I have been vax'd, shot twice. I provided dates and provider info as well as the authorization to verify with the provider.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But Pfizer is the one that will be fully FDA approved soon. Which means that employers/stores/etc. can require it with much less risk of it being overturned in a court challenge. Hmm, Moderna had better get on the ball and also get approved soon.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moderna is only about a month behind Pfizer. Pfizer submitted all of their paperwork in May and Moderna submitted theirs in June. When will COVID-19 vaccines receive full FDA approval?

I saw Dr. Fauci on Morning Joe this morning. He is hoping for the full approval within a few weeks. He said all this kerfuffle about full approval is silly, he called it a technicality. I think it is more about legal cover then anything else. J&J hasn't even submitted all their paperwork yet. I think some of this between Moderna and Pfizer for full approval has something to do with the nature of the companies themselves. Pfizer is a huge multinational corporation that has been through this drill with the FDA many times. Moderna is a 10 year old startup.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, IMO, those that are saying they aren't getting it because it isn't FDA approved will just find another reason to not get it once it is.

I am supposed to go back to work at the end of the month - I'm a little bitter because everyone else in my office has remote work/flex options but they wanted coverage in the office so I drew the short straw. The university is starting up even with the major rise in cases and new variants; I suppose unless a large amount of people get sick they won't close down again, which sucks for me. On the bright side, my office gets hardly any foot traffic, on the down side my office gets hardly any foot traffic so it is stupid for me to be there at all.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio had 3,393 new cases yesterday. We also have an uptick in vaccinations, over 10,000 people started the vaccine yesterday. University of Mississippi Medical Center is setting up a COVID unit in a garage and Mississippi has asked for a military hospital ship to be sent. Maybe a big hospital ship like the Comfort sitting in the Gulf of Mexico will get through to a few people. That ship changed it's ventilation so it can treat COVID patients and can treat up to 1,000 people.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably not. All of the hospitals in the region are stretched thin so there wouldn't even be an option of moving to another hospital.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Booster shot has been approved for immunocompromised people. Now we are waiting for instructions from CDC.

I am waiting for the third dose. I am not worried about getting ti. My building has been excellent about providing Covid testing, and the Vaccinations. Just waiting.

We have another Covid Test available, next Tuesday. Again I am taking it.
I am masking up in this building and when I go into a store.

The Vaccinations were given the last week in January and second week of Feb; so the effectiveness should be weaning, a bit.

I really do feel there should be a mask mandate for all. I am one of the few who are voluntarily wearing one.

I am probably out there, but I feel that there should be a vaccination mandate also. That is the only way we will get a hold on Covid; by stopping the variations..
But how do you do that?
The more people vaccinated, the less chance the virus will have an opportunity to mutate into variations.
~
BTW, I have a friend who came down with Covid, before vaccinations. She swears the vaccination is giving her so many side effects. She says she is not the only one. I told her she is having long haulers symptoms from Covid. She does not agree. This is really a travesty.

I have a cousin, who wants to argue that we do not know the side effects of the vaccine; and how effective it is. I agree, but he is association it with the flu vaccine, and all the various flue variations around.

I told him and my friend that this is a different way of vaccination; mRNA, which attacks things differently, and is produced differently. They will not listen.

So frustrating...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was called yesterday and informed my elderly mother tested positive for Covid. Everyone in the facility has been vaccinated for many months. Now it is in lockdown, several residents and staff are positive. It is really scary to think that even with getting the vaccination, you can still get sick! i know it is not 100% effective, but severL in ONE facility?!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob am so sorry to hear this.. It is happening; and so frightening.

A neighbor, 2 doors down had a break through Covid infection. He has been isolated in his apartment for at least 2 weeks.
We were informed of one breakthrough case, about a month ago. I do not know if he is that one or more. The state has mandated that all residents be informed of any Covid patients.. not by name, beaches of privacy, but just informing us.

Administration had a big meeting yesterday regarding a mask mandate for all, in here....
I expect it to be announced any day. We are in a significantly increased area for the Delta Variant.
I would think, by the end of the month, there would be a mask mandate in the building.
The state is a different story. There is an indoor mask mandate from the city, for all businesses...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob : so sorry about your Mom. 🤗 Hopefully being vaccinated, will keep any symptoms mild.
Exactly what I was going to say. Hopefully the vaccine will keep her from getting too sick.

artiemom artiemom I'm hoping if more businesses start requiring it, or a negative covid test, that will get people to get their shot, so they don't have to be inconvenienced. At least the people who have been on the fence or just keep putting it off. I'm pretty sure my husband said he saw one of the restaurants in our town is requiring vax proof for indoor dining.

I'm petty, but I like the idea of turning it around on them. To all the people who said "if you're so afraid of the virus, just stay home," now it should be their turn. If they're so afraid of the vaccine, just stay home.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was called yesterday and informed my elderly mother tested positive for Covid. Everyone in the facility has been vaccinated for many months. Now it is in lockdown, several residents and staff are positive. It is really scary to think that even with getting the vaccination, you can still get sick! i know it is not 100% effective, but severL in ONE facility?!
Sorry to hear that, wishing your mum all the best and hope she has a speedy recovery.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a thread talking about Regeneron: the usual treatment for COVID, if you're lucky. Everything the anti-vaxxers object to about the vaccine, Regeneron has even more: it's not fully FDA approved, only for emergency use, it has a number of possible nasty side effects, it's made using embryonic stem cells, plus it costs about $6500 for one dose. Great choice, anti-vaxxers! /s