Corona Virus Now Spreading

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stole this from someone on Facebook. Thought it was helpful and that others might as well.
FB_IMG_1619561681204.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If I fart and you can hear, you not observing the safe distancing rule....................

If I fart and you can smell my fart, it means that you are not wearing your mask properly..................

If I fart and you can't smell, you better go for a swab test...................

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I am ready for this to be over.

The Governor of West Virginia is giving everyone between the ages of 16 and 35 a $100 savings bond if they get vaccinated. It's too bad it is coming down to this but whatever it takes to get as many people as possible vaccinated.
Really? They are paying people to get the vaccine? Where I live most of us are willing to pay for it instead lol

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it sounds really bad. The problem is there is no vaccine yet available for children so we need to get a real high percentage of adults vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. There is always a small percentage of people who can't be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons so somehow someway we need to overcome vaccine hesitancy to get adults who can be vaccinated done. After the FDA approves the doses for export the U.S. is going to start exporting their Astra Zeneca vaccine. Some have already gone to Canada and Mexico. We have enough of the Moderna, Pfizer and J&J vaccine for the U.S.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I wish incentives like that were a bit more widespread; it might get a few more people on board. There are a lot of counties in KS that are now turning away vaccines entirely because no one else wants it. In some places, the percentage of people who actually got it is very, very low.

Of course, there would be conspiracy theories abounding with it too. I've seen posts/videos of people who think that Krispy Kreme is in on a conspiracy because they are offering free donuts to people who get vaccinated.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently there's a loony conspiracy theory going around that simply being around someone who's been vaccinated will disrupt someone's fertility, or possibly even kill them. I swear these conspiracy theories are getting stupider by the minute.

Plus in this state, some guy did a mass mailing that was basically a full-page rant about what he thinks the vaccine does to you, and touting ivermectin as a cure for COVID. I know a few studies show it may have a slight effect on the virus, but I'm pretty sure that's under medical conditions, not some rando drinking or injecting themself with cow de-wormer.

The situation in India is dire, and new mutations are developing at an alarming rate. So far, vaccinated people seem safe from the mutations too. But it's just a matter of time before a mutation pops up that the vaccines don't protect against, and then we're in trouble. To avoid that, we need nearly everyone to get vaccinated. One study showed that "hard no" people almost never change their minds, but that "soft no/maybe/wait and see" people usually end up getting vaccinated if their friends and family members encourage them to. So if you know anyone who's wavering, don't be afraid to help them along a bit.

I wonder, if they said they'd send all refused doses to India (or another country), if that would make some of the more contrary Americans want the vaccine? :tongue:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently there's a loony conspiracy theory going around that simply being around someone who's been vaccinated will disrupt someone's fertility, or possibly even kill them. I swear these conspiracy theories are getting stupider by the minute.

Plus in this state, some guy did a mass mailing that was basically a full-page rant about what he thinks the vaccine does to you, and touting ivermectin as a cure for COVID. I know a few studies show it may have a slight effect on the virus, but I'm pretty sure that's under medical conditions, not some rando drinking or injecting themself with cow de-wormer.

The situation in India is dire, and new mutations are developing at an alarming rate. So far, vaccinated people seem safe from the mutations too. But it's just a matter of time before a mutation pops up that the vaccines don't protect against, and then we're in trouble. To avoid that, we need nearly everyone to get vaccinated. One study showed that "hard no" people almost never change their minds, but that "soft no/maybe/wait and see" people usually end up getting vaccinated if their friends and family members encourage them to. So if you know anyone who's wavering, don't be afraid to help them along a bit.

I wonder, if they said they'd send all refused doses to India (or another country), if that would make some of the more contrary Americans want the vaccine? :tongue:
The first conspiracy theory is from a private school in Florida.. I guess the head of it is a
"Non-Vaxer".... Saying that there is evidence that anyone vaccinated and comes in contact with young girls, messing up with their menstrual cycles and fertilely... She is demanding that all teachers sign a form stating that they will not get vaccinated under penalty of firings.. Anyone already vaccinated will be fired.. and anyone thinking of getting vaccinated, to wait until after the school term is over... Get Vaccinated during the summer, and then get fired...

So Ridiculous!! Unbelievable... I mean it.. I guess they had Robert Kennedy Jr.. an huge anti-laxer, speak at the school.... Stupid is as Stupid gets...

I feel for India... regardless of what some people are saying about their living conditions.. They are humans... suffering human beings... so so so sad...

The Anti-Vaxers are the ones who are hurting this country... sigh...

Last edited:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anti-vax individuals really bug me, mainly because most argue that vaccines aren't necessary to build immune response, or that "nature" can provide good bacteria to build immunity or cures. I've even heard some say that vaccines weren't around hundreds of years ago and people still survived :please:

No, nature is brutal and while the human race may have survived A TON of people died. Think of how people lined up to take the Polio vaccine. Or the smallpox vaccine. And I bet if there had been a vaccine around for the black plague people would have been begging for that one too. They're just too far removed from the problems of polio and measles to care about getting those, and too wrapped in conspiracy to care about covid. It's honestly awful, because the people who truly suffer will be the ones who cannot get the vaccine.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The U.S. is either exporting or diverting their supply of the raw materials needed to make the vaccines to India. They have some huge production facilities to make vaccines, they are known as the world's pharmacy, but they need more of the raw materials to be in full production.

India has over a billion people so they are crowded and there is a lot of poverty. They got very lucky with their first wave but now they are getting hit hard. It was always known that things would get bad in India if this happened because they are so crowded. I have also heard people saying that they brought it on themselves because they allowed large gatherings and travel for an important religious time, also there were some large political rallies. Like nothing stupid like that happened in the U.S. It is human nature to think that they escaped relatively unscathed the first time and it wouldn't happen there.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first conspiracy theory is from a private school in Florida.
It's not from there. . .they're in the news because of it, but they got it from somewhere else. There are just a whole lot of those kinds of theories floating around. One person says something, it gets repeated on social media, suddenly there's a new wacky theory.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are several of them out there about the vaccines affecting fertility. Some of them really aren't conspiracy theories they are just people, mostly younger women, who need to be convinced that the vaccines won't have any affect on fertility. A lot of people have the idea that this new technology for vaccines was done from scratch in less than a year. That isn't true. It actually started with the first SARS outbreak. That outbreak burned itself out quickly but universities continued working on this new technology. When the COVID pandemic started then the work on it became much more concentrated. This is not a built from scratch in under a year technology.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Pfizer plant in Michigan has started exporting. It isn't part of the government giving vaccines, they are just filling orders and are now exporting.

AstraZenica has pushed back applying for FDA approval until mid May. Even if isn't used in the U.S. they still want that approval. The U.S. government also wants it as a shield against accusations of dumping 2nd rate medicine on the developing world. AstraZenica didn't do the large human trials which is the holdup, they are pulling data from real time use. That is harder to do. With a controlled study that follows established protocols there is no pulling together data, they just turn over the data that they have.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Possible side effects after Covid-19 vaccination are :-

Pain, redness, swelling at the jab site, fever, chills, headache, muscle and joint pain > take pain killer if needed

Tiredness > rest

and lymph nodes swelling at neck or arm > gets better by itself in a week or so.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My gf and I got our first shot in a week ago and thankfully not much reaction. We got pfizer at target. She had more of a sore arm than me, but the night of the shot I felt like I had fever aches coming on. From the 2nd day we were both fine! Hopefully this is a good sign for what's to come following second shot

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and lymph nodes swelling at neck or arm > gets better by itself in a week or so.
When I had my first shot last week or so, I noticed my right neck lymph node was swollen. Was worried at first when I noticed, but realized it was a lymph node and that must be what it was from. I can't feel it now, so back to normal. Also when waking up in the middle of the night that first 24 hours my arm was so sore if I tried to lift. Luckily that was the worst of it and a few hours after getting up it slowly got better throughout the day. I had gotten my shot about 3 pm, for reference.

Not sure I'm looking forward to the second one and what side effects I may get, but I know it is needed.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
When I had my first shot last week or so, I noticed my right neck lymph node was swollen. Was worried at first when I noticed, but realized it was a lymph node and that must be what it was from. I can't feel it now, so back to normal. Also when waking up in the middle of the night that first 24 hours my arm was so sore if I tried to lift. Luckily that was the worst of it and a few hours after getting up it slowly got better throughout the day. I had gotten my shot about 3 pm, for reference.

Not sure I'm looking forward to the second one and what side effects I may get, but I know it is needed.
I did not feel much about the first shot except a little sore on the jab site 6 hours later and I kept massaging that point and did sone light stretches for the arm and the sore went off in a few days but I did not have sore arm.

For the second shot was a little more ache on the arm but continued the exercise and the sore arm went away after a day or so and the jab site was bruised and sore but it all went off after awhile and I had a little body ache at the waist and a little headache.

My friend felt much worse fr the first jab and felt nothing for the second jab, it was the other way round. Maybe you are like him, first jab is worst than the second jab.

Remember to drink lots of water before and after the jabs.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone felt itching on the jab spot?

Days after my 2nd shot (Moderna), the jab spot is still a bit itchy, although the first side effects I had was fever and chills.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had some itching at the injection site after the second Moderna shot. It lasted a few days. That was the only side effect that I had with either shot since the soreness is probably more about a needle in a muscle as it is about the vaccine itself. Side effects are all over the place with the vaccines just as people's reaction to getting the virus itself.

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cousin died of covid a few hours ago. She was only 40, and left behind three kids.
She was on the ICU for ten days -probably should have been there before but she was scared for being isolated in the hospital.
Take care of yourself -use your mask, don't hang out with people if you don't absolutely need to, you already know the drill. Go get tested if you are not feeling well, don't wait. She did, and now she's gone.