Corona Virus Now Spreading

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Now I know some people say that this could have been Covid symptoms and it very well could have been, but when you talk to 10 doctors who all insist that it was nothing more then a pulled muscle and torn ligament then how can you really trust the medical field? A pulled muscle and torn ligament are going to cause all of the above symptoms? So if what I had was Covid wouldn't it have been much more honorable for me to get the vaccine in spite of the side effects,
If you're unsure whether or not you had Covid and you don't trust the doctors why not get a Covid test? If in fact you did have Covid then you have to wait at least three months before you can get the vaccine.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A sore arm after an injection is common for any intramuscular injection. You are inserting a needle thru muscle fibers, and although it is not "damaging" or "injuring" someone in the conventional sense. The needle is causing micro trauma to the site. Being relaxed is one way to prevent it from being as sore because the muscle fibers are more "accepting" to the intrusion, but hydration of tissue, the condition/health of the tissue, a persons individual inflammation response to trauma, circulation, activity level and even a persons individual pain tolerance plays a role as well.
What also plays a role, is how the tissue responds/accepts to the forced flow of whatever liquid is being injected. Again, it's on a very small scale but the forced increased pressure within the tissue will cause the tissue to move and stretch as it accepts the liquid.
Bruising may or may not be visible depending on the amount of vascular trauma in the area and also depending on how well the area can "drain" after the vascular trauma.
A sore arm is not a "reaction" to an injection. It's simply the result of having a needle shoved in the arm and having increased localized pressure put in an area.
That's right. You got the terms right for the explanation. It's much clearer now. I couldn't explain any better than you.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're unsure whether or not you had Covid and you don't trust the doctors why not get a Covid test? If in fact you did have Covid then you have to wait at least three months before you can get the vaccine.
That really is not the point of my comment. Quak doctors said all my problem is was pulled muscle and torn ligament. Now can you honestly tell me that all the symptoms I listed are a result of a pulled muscle and torn ligament? I never heard of anyone having those symptoms before for just a pulled muscle and torn ligament. Which to me is one more thing that makes ME distrust the medical field even more.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doctors ignoring their patients is a big problem. And sexism is also, sadly, another big problem (a man says "idk, doc, I don't think it's a pulled muscle" and they jump right into action, suggest an MRI, etc. A woman says the same thing and they're like "have you tried Aleve?" This has actually been proven through studies).

But, well, without the medical system most of us would be dead already so probably shouldn't distrust it too much ;).

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had my second shot Friday. Had some nausea the first 4 days but it wasn't too bad. I had a slight headache too. Now I'm feeling good but my daytime naps are getting longer. I've never had fatigue, is it just being tired or sleepy also?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The EU has found a connection between the J&J vaccine and the rare clotting disorder. They have said that the benefit far outweighs the risk and shipments have resumed to the EU. The U.S. still has a pause on it. Only women in childbearing years are at any risk I think the common sense answer is to allow it to resume in men and older women.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if there is a link between the J&J vaccine, blood clots and Birth Control Pills? I wonder...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well not sure why SSA is denying me what I paid into for 25 years. Doesn't make sense. Both jobs I worked took out for SSA. I worked full time and sometimes 80 hours a week that went into such. I'm 65 and 4 months right now. Yes I won't get full amount but they state on their little website that you can claim at 62 years old. Last time I checked I'm past 62 unless SSA uses a different type of math. Without SSA I won't be able to get Medicare and I can't afford health insurance. So on the phone today to figure out why I"m being ripped off. I didn't pay into SSA for 25 years to just be told "Sorry you don't get it back." But is there a place that I can get tested for Covid for free? I still find it highly suspicious that all those symptoms are a result of a pulled muscle and torn ligament. I've had pulled muscles and torn ligaments at least 4 times a year for 45 years so I know the symptoms by now. And the symptoms started before the Aleve.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
All COVID testing should be free right now. If you're insured they do bill your insurance, but if you're not insured the government pays for it.
Ok thanks. I'll see where I can get tested then to be sure that it's not Covid I have/had.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got my second shot, now I have to wait around for 15 minutes. This one stung a bit more and bled like crazy; she must have hit a capillary or something. So that might bruise even though I relaxed my arm. Hope my whole arm doesn't get sore.

It seemed less crowded this time, in that there was no line to get into a room, but the after waiting area seemed just as full so maybe they were just moving along faster.

Apparently half the counties in Iowa have refused further shipments of vaccine, saying that they can't get rid of what they have; there just isn't enough demand. That's not good :/. I haven't heard if demand in SD has dropped or not.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...counties-decline-more-vaccine-as-demand-slows

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i had my second shot Friday. Had some nausea the first 4 days but it wasn't too bad. I had a slight headache too. Now I'm feeling good but my daytime naps are getting longer. I've never had fatigue, is it just being tired or sleepy also?
I think so. I also believe it depends on if you take meds and what type, etc.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
U.S. sees unprecedented drop in vaccinations over past week

The drop in demand isn't just in Iowa. Everyone who wanted to get vaccinated dealt with the frustration and got the appointments. Now we are getting down to the people who are hesitant. I think the thing with J&J probably did not help with people who are truly just fearful because of the speed of vaccine development. The hard core anti-vaxxers aren't going to change. I read that 30% of Marines refused. Since it is for emergency use rather then fully endorsed by the FDA the government said that they could not order people in the military to get vaccinated.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom refuses to take the vaccine for above reasons and she did have "a" bad reaction to the flu shot when they first came out which of course is different but she's scared. As far as J & J, I was going to take that and if after a medical I'm cleared to take I'll still take the J & J. There's always going to be some people who will have bad reactions to anything no matter how good that is. And something can give you a bad reaction today but next week it may not depending upon other factors like how is your iron and potassium levels, and so on. Seems that takes meds doesn't deter anyone after listening to commercials of the 5 millions side affects from them.

But my first priority is to find a free Covid testing site around here that I can take while Mom is getting her hair done. Then I can proceed and know what needs to be done, although I'm still stumped. I had more than a pulled muscle and torn ligament as I know for a FACT that you don't get 5 thousand other symptoms with those considering I've been doing it 4 times a year for 50 years (I never learn btw haha) but would I be over COVID if it was that? in just 8 days? Because outside of the back screaming at me "You slept on me too long" type thing I'm fine. Not even needing my Aleve. Anyway I know it's off topic but I'll check around and see if I can find a free Covid testing. Hope they no longer stick that thing up your nose.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've opened a few walk in sites around here, which will hopefully help for the people having trouble making appointments due to work schedules and such.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a small bruise and slight soreness, nothing out of proportion for sticking a needle in a muscle though.

But my hip is killing me. It feels like I pulled/overworked the muscle. I have no idea how this could be a vaccine reaction, but maybe? I guess I assumed that when "muscle soreness" is listed as a possible side effect, they meant a general all-over soreness, like you get when you have the flu, not one specific muscle acting up. So idk. Maybe I slept on it funny or something.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily, a post I made on facebook brought me information from someone who volunteers with taking calls for vaccine related matters with my counties health department who said anyone who calls in the next 5 days can get a vaccine appointment, even if you haven't been contacted by the county site you are eligible to make an appointment with their specific sites. Called and said not sure if they are available, but I am only looking to go to a drive thru site, like at xxx location. They looked and had appointments for today and Sunday... choose Sunday to mentally prepare. Not sure if I'm ready, but here we go! Feel like the universe is working out though as I wouldn't have know about this special period without posting, and no update has been received yet in the weekly county health department e-mails.