Corona Virus Now Spreading

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They won’t let me take the vaccine due to bad reaction. Although with the pulled muscle and torn ligament I have now the vaccine can’t be worse.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder how long after the first shot you start making some antibodies
I don't know how long it takes to start making antibodies. You reach the full effect after two weeks. They are now saying most people are at about 80% efficacy two weeks after the first shot and 95% two weeks after the second shot.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never had anything more than a sore arm with both shots. Some people in the trials didn't even have a sore arm but they still had the same antibody levels as people who did have flu like symptoms. That makes sense given how this virus is with people, the virus itself runs all the way from no symptoms to gravely ill and death. When they have randomly checked people before the vaccine for antibodies they found people with a high level of antibodies but they were never sick. It kind of makes me wonder if those of us who had little to no reaction to the vaccine would have had the same reaction to the virus itself.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Today is the 3rd day after the 2nd jab. Late last nite I felt a little headache and a little ache on my waist.

This morning, a little harder to get up from bed as I felt a slight pounding headache and the body and joints are more stiff and aching a little.

I’m able to lift my arm today without any pain but if I press hard on the jab site, it’s still sore.

I was quite exhausted climbing a flight of stairs today as my joints were quite stiff. Guess this is my after effect and thankfully, I was not hard hit by the vaccination.

Hopefully I’ll be back to normal in a day or two.

Last edited:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel better, no more fever, just totally drained. I have a headache too, but I think it’s more from laying down so much rather than the shot (I get migraines like this a lot).

I’m not surprised by the idea that vaccine responses are similar in severity to what it would be like to have covid. I’m sure if I’d gotten covid it wouldn’t have been good - I don’t get sick often but I have a history of getting a cold and having it turn into pneumonia or bronchitis.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
For those going either for 1st or 2nd jabs, remember to relax your arm while taking the jab. Breathe slowly and relax as this will also relax the muscles in your arm that is about to be shot as the jab is targeted in the muscle group of your arm. This way, the arm won't ache so much and remember to keep moving your arm and do slow stretches and swings and gently massage the jab site for the next few days.
Drink lots of water please.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have to say this and get it off my chest. I may get slapped on the hand for saying it but I really feel this entire thing is messed up. I was denied taking the vaccine (which would have been much more honorable then this past week) because of past medical history with vaccines. I'm sorry I really want this thing over with and to be honest, I could not have felt any worse from a shot then I could have from this stupid pulled muscle and torn ligament. If that is what it really was. I've had pulled muscles and torn ligaments before and never felt this bad. That is 100% fact. When you can't eat, drink, stand, sit, lay down, sleep or breathe without pain so bad you are in tears, nothing can be worse. I had chills; pinched nerve; swollen joints; tiredness, occasional diarrhea, loss of appetite, headache and nausea. Now I know some people say that this could have been Covid symptoms and it very well could have been, but when you talk to 10 doctors who all insist that it was nothing more then a pulled muscle and torn ligament then how can you really trust the medical field? A pulled muscle and torn ligament are going to cause all of the above symptoms? Hogwash. I don't believe it. My mother could have fallen and I would have been completely useless to her in my condition at that time. I'm feeling much better now but I had 6 days to think about all of this and trust me, even that hurt sometimes. When you find out that 35 years ago you were a medical guinea pig for new medications that resulted in acid reflux so bad that every time you eat you are in such pain that terror sets in when meal time comes around, it's really hard to trust the medical field. So if what I had was Covid wouldn't it have been much more honorable for me to get the vaccine in spite of the side effects, then to just lay there and possibly infect a 97 year old woman who has a lot of medical problems due to her age? This situation burns me up to no end.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could not have felt any worse from a shot then I could have from this stupid pulled muscle and torn ligament.
If you had an actual anaphylactic reaction, yeah it could be a lot worse.

But to be fair, it was just Walgreens that turned you down, of course they aren't willing to risk someone having a major reaction in their pharmacy. If you really want the vaccine, I think it would be best to talk to an actual doctor about how to do it safely. If you're in a hospital where they're ready to deal with a bad reaction it'll be a lot safer.

I think Medicare makes you pick a primary care physician so hopefully that will help.
For those going either for 1st or 2nd jabs, remember to relax your arm while taking the jab. Breathe slowly and relax as this will also relax the muscles in your arm that is about to be shot as the jab is targeted in the muscle group of your arm. This way, the arm won't ache so much and remember to keep moving your arm
That's what the pharmacist said when I got my flu shot. I mentioned that my niece had gotten a huge bruise and sore arm from her flu shot, and she said that's not really a side effect, that just means you tensed your arm and the muscle got damaged. So I wonder if the sore arm from the COVID is really a side effect or a tense muscle issue.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The state J&J vaccine numbers keep going up by about 20 a day. I'm really curious about who they're using it for, and is that allowed under a "pause"?

Anyway, supposedly the pause should be lifted on Friday.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's what the pharmacist said when I got my flu shot. I mentioned that my niece had gotten a huge bruise and sore arm from her flu shot, and she said that's not really a side effect, that just means you tensed your arm and the muscle got damaged. So I wonder if the sore arm from the COVID is really a side effect or a tense muscle issue.
Yes, many are afraid jabs and therefore they tend to tense up. Most jabs on the upper arm are shot in the muscle area. So even if you relax, the jab is still in the muscle area and therefore you get a sore arm. It'll be worse if you tense up. So I don't think the sore arm is a side effect but a tense muscle issue.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I wonder if that's why my arm was so sore! I was pretty stressed when I got the shot (more from having left J than the shot itself, but still), so even though I don't recall actively tensing up, maybe I still did. I'll have to try and consciously relax for the next one.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You know, I wonder if that's why my arm was so sore! I was pretty stressed when I got the shot (more from having left J than the shot itself, but still), so even though I don't recall actively tensing up, maybe I still did. I'll have to try and consciously relax for the next one.
Even when you relax, the soreness will still be there. That's why I mentioned to move your arms and do light stretching. After a few days, when you press the jab site, it is still sore but will subside as the days go by. It's been 4 days after my 2nd jab and the jab site is not so painful now. I think in another two days, the pain will be gone.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have any pain or soreness from the first shot. I mean, I suppose if I had pressed directly on the needle mark it might have hurt, lol, but nothing otherwise. I'm getting the second one tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sore arm after an injection is common for any intramuscular injection. You are inserting a needle thru muscle fibers, and although it is not "damaging" or "injuring" someone in the conventional sense. The needle is causing micro trauma to the site. Being relaxed is one way to prevent it from being as sore because the muscle fibers are more "accepting" to the intrusion, but hydration of tissue, the condition/health of the tissue, a persons individual inflammation response to trauma, circulation, activity level and even a persons individual pain tolerance plays a role as well.
What also plays a role, is how the tissue responds/accepts to the forced flow of whatever liquid is being injected. Again, it's on a very small scale but the forced increased pressure within the tissue will cause the tissue to move and stretch as it accepts the liquid.
Bruising may or may not be visible depending on the amount of vascular trauma in the area and also depending on how well the area can "drain" after the vascular trauma.
A sore arm is not a "reaction" to an injection. It's simply the result of having a needle shoved in the arm and having increased localized pressure put in an area.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I didn't have any pain or soreness from the first shot. I mean, I suppose if I had pressed directly on the needle mark it might have hurt, lol, but nothing otherwise. I'm getting the second one tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.
!st shot nothing. It's the second shot. My barber got his 2nd shot and he went to work the next day, he couldn't lift his arm and he went home :lol: