Corona Virus Now Spreading

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My parents have gotten their vaccines, as have my twin brother and his wife. We are getting together for Easter (just the six of us) and I'll be the only unvaccinated one. No idea when I'll get mine.

Both of my parents were fine after their first shot, but after their second my mom was sick with fever/aches/chills/headaches for a couple of days and felt fatigued for longer. I'll still get the shot but am fully expecting that to happen to me as I get similar with the flu vaccine every year.

Our county cases were trending downward, but despite being "cancelled" many students still celebrated Fake Patty's this last weekend and there were reports of house parties with hundreds of people. So we are all expecting another wave.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They just announced that Category 1E (critical infrastructure workers) opens up on Monday. I wonder if I can make an appointment now for next week or if I have to wait for Monday.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The next County over from us is vaccinating people left and right and have tons of available appointments. But you have to live in that County to get one. I signed my husband up in our County when it was first announced and heard nothing for months. I could have gotten vaccinated through work (law enforcement) but I don't want the shot. My husband does want it but said he's fine with waiting his turn.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
☹ On Monday all schools and nurseries in my area reopened, now, because of so many new infections, schools (apart from final year classes) will be closed again!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, a nearby town hosted the high school tournaments last week and now they're having an outbreak. Can't get complacent now.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
☹ On Monday all schools and nurseries in my area reopened, now, because of so many new infections, schools (apart from final year classes) will be closed again!
Our schools opened two weeks ago but I can see there may be an uptick in cases once the kids get back from Spring Break and everything will be 100% virtual again. I guess the one good thing is that only about 100 kids out of 1000 returned to in person school.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday, I have some flu-like symptoms and low grade fever but not bad. It's a read and watch TV kind of day! Have my chicken soup on hand.
My second dose is on the 29th. I am going to celebrate feeling crappy with some of my favorite comfort foods and a lot of TV.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
My 2nd Pfizer dose is the 27th, but we're being destroyed by bodies again. We've only had 3 covid deaths come to us this week (so far) but we've had a HUGE uptick in "oversized" bodies (industry term, means 350lbs and up). There have been so many this week that we're back on 12+hr shifts and working through the weekend.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get my 2nd Moderna shot this coming Wednesday. It is the one that is supposed to pack a punch with the second shot but that's okay. The way I look at it is that I would be getting a good immune reaction to the shot and it doesn't pack a punch like COVID can especially for someone who is 65 like myself.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any side effects from the Pfizer shot, either first or second? I doubt I'll get any, but I'd just like to be prepared.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any side effects from the Pfizer shot, either first or second? I doubt I'll get any, but I'd just like to be prepared.
Nothing after my 1st (I'm 37, so in your age range), and I get my 2nd on the 27th, so I'll be sure to let you know.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had the Pfizer. No reaction at all to the first shot which surprised me because I always have some kind of reaction to flu shots. About 12 hours after the second shot, I developed a mild headache and felt a little tired for about 24 hours. My arm was about as sore as it gets with a flu shot. So no biggie. My husband had no reaction to either shot.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How are you doing this morning? I had the first dose of the Pfizer shot yesterday also and just have a sore arm.