Corona Virus Now Spreading

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my two doses scheduled, first next week the second three weeks later- Pfizer.

A guy here in Colorado put up a "vaccine finder" website linking to pharmacies and showing if they have appointments available- Krogers (King Soopers here), Safeway, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens pharmacies are getting the vaccines here (Pfizer and Moderna.) And can sign up from his website with the links going to the pharmacies.
For anyone in Colorado here's the link:
Colorado COVID-19 Vaccine Finder
He did this on his own voluntarily. I was checking it about 3 times a day and hit the jackpot this morning.

My daughter who works in a hospital said her older co-workers (in their 60's) that had the second dose had very mild reactions, beings that as we age our immune systems respond less so less of a reaction. It's still effective though. So, us old folks may get a pass on bad second dose reactions!
It knocked my daughter flat for a day- she's in her 20's. She got the Pfizer vaccine.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my 2nd vaccine yesterday. It's been 24 hours and I feel pretty good. I have a mild headache, diarrhea and I'm nauseous. But I think that is just part of my IBS. No fever. The nurse told me that a lot of the residents have diarrhea, fever and they hurt all over. I must have a lousy ammune system as it does not seem to be fighting off the vaccine.

There are 86 residents here and 10 of them have tested postive for Covid. They are all on the second floor. The aides are having a hard time keeping them in their rooms.They roam the whole building day and night and hardly ever ware mask.
Glad you got the 2nd dose!! hooray!

I, as well as several people, got some reactions from the 2nd dose--not much: muscular-skeletal aches, a slight fever, fatigue, and an occasional queasy stomach for a while.. It was almost at the
48 hour mark, when things went back to normal.. not bad.. I have got a much worse reaction to the first dose of the new shingles vaccine..
And I have IBD, and EOE... And Microscopic Colitis... no diarrhea...

Everyone is different with their reactions.....

Yes, be very careful, in your place.. We have had 9 cases since the first of the year!!
They keep testing us.. Even though we are fully vaccinated, we will still be getting tested... I think every 3-4 weeks...
There are 240 residents in this building..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have my two doses scheduled, first next week the second three weeks later- Pfizer.

A guy here in Colorado put up a "vaccine finder" website linking to pharmacies and showing if they have appointments available- Krogers (King Soopers here), Safeway, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens pharmacies are getting the vaccines here (Pfizer and Moderna.) And can sign up from his website with the links going to the pharmacies.
For anyone in Colorado here's the link:
Colorado COVID-19 Vaccine Finder
He did this on his own voluntarily. I was checking it about 3 times a day and hit the jackpot this morning.

My daughter who works in a hospital said her older co-workers (in their 60's) that had the second dose had very mild reactions, beings that as we age our immune systems respond less so less of a reaction. It's still effective though. So, us old folks may get a pass on bad second dose reactions!
It knocked my daughter flat for a day- she's in her 20's. She got the Pfizer vaccine.
There is a new mother, an IT tech, who was bored and upset with the state's website. So she created her own Vaccine Finder!! unbelievable. It helped a ton of people.. The Governor heard about her from the media.. He wanted to talk with her...

The First day of the my state's vaxfinder, crashed, immediately. I do not know if it back to working condition..

I did mange to get the Pfizer. I heard the city is giving out the Moderna.. from someone who got it last week.. not in my building.. at the senior sites..

Yes, it seems younger people are really getting knocked out by the side effects.. weird..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my first shot this coming Wednesday and the second shot is March 24. They are four weeks apart so I think it is Moderna, I don't care which one. I would be happy with the Johnson and Johnson one. It was an interesting shall I say experience getting appointments. They need to do something for people who don't have broadband access or who work and can't keep trying several times throughout the day. I finally got appointments at Kroger. Not one close to where I live but that is okay.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
NPR has posted this article with information about how to navigate the system in the U.S. to sign up for the vaccine.

"The COVID-19 vaccines are here, but if it's your turn to get vaccinated, how are you supposed to sign up? The answers vary by place, so NPR created a tool to help you understand how things work in your state and connect you with local resources. And we're sharing guiding principles and advice for navigating the process...."
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/02/18/967448680/how-to-sign-up-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-in-your-state

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you got the 2nd dose!! hooray!

I, as well as several people, got some reactions from the 2nd dose--not much: muscular-skeletal aches, a slight fever, fatigue, and an occasional queasy stomach for a while.. It was almost at the
48 hour mark, when things went back to normal.. not bad.. I have got a much worse reaction to the first dose of the new shingles vaccine..
And I have IBD, and EOE... And Microscopic Colitis... no diarrhea...

Everyone is different with their reactions.....

Yes, be very careful, in your place.. We have had 9 cases since the first of the year!!
They keep testing us.. Even though we are fully vaccinated, we will still be getting tested... I think every 3-4 weeks...
There are 240 residents in this building..
We are still tested every week. I will be glad when they re-open the dinning room and the beauty shop. I understand when they open things they take the residents to a restaurant, WalMart and a grocery store once a week.

I didn't think they were going to have the clinic yesterday because there was a ice storm the night before. My brother and his wife were suppose
to get their first vaccine today but it was canceled until next week because of the ice.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Got my second shot (Pfizer) yesterday. I had absolutely no reaction to the first one; my arm wasn't even sore. With the second, I'm a bit tired, I have a mild headache, and my arm is sore--although the more I move it, the better it feels. Stretching it up over the top of my head works the muscle and reduces the soreness. I took a walk this afternoon in the 55˚F sunshine and felt better. We're supposed to get cards by the end of next week documenting that we've had the vaccine.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm still tested every week as well, but even though I'm in direct contact with people who have died from covid, and their families (who may have it as well), I'm not allowed to get a vaccine any time soon 🙁
It’s very troubling to read that so many people are unable to get the vaccines.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s very troubling to read that so many people are unable to get the vaccines.
Don't get me wrong, I want people who are most at risk to get the vaccine. I'd even hold off a bit IF I was eligible. I'm 37 and healthy, so I don't worry as much about myself. In the "death care" industry, there are a lot of people who really should be getting it, but they aren't seen as high-risk and even though we were deemed as essential as hospital workers during the lockdowns, no one in this industry is eligible unless they hit the age requirements. We've already lost 2 funeral directors that I knew very well because of covid and other health complications, all because they weren't eligible.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my first one Wednesday. All I had was the sore spot like I have with the flu shot. I got the Moderna one so I go back March 24. They gave me a CDC card showing that shot, I take it back when I get the second one and they will add it to the card. They are still working on the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. They are making them easier to store, stay longer at room temperature and more effective against variants. I saw the Pfizer CEO interviewed and he said that this will become an annual booster like the flu shot. As we get past this it will be available the way the flu shot is.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grandparents are fully vaccinated, both of them are pushing 90 but in relatively good health and they didn't have issues. My parents are just under 65, so they're on a waiting list right now and I guess there's an on-call option too. Since they need to use the vaccine before it goes off, if someone doesn't show for their appointment, the clinic can call people within a 15 minute distance to quick run over and get it.

Vaccines in Korea just started today. Only healthcare workers right now with AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna will also start soon and some are being manufactured locally, which should be a huge help with logistics. I'm guessing my turn won't come up until September, but maybe earlier if there aren't big hiccups.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio is on 65 and over now. There was a delay of several weeks between 65 and 70 because Ohio offered the vaccines to all teachers and school employees. That was part of an effort to get all schools open for at least some type of hybrid plan so kids would get at least some in person learning. They have some other groups of younger people being vaccinated but by and large it is 65 and over as well as teachers and school employees. Health care workers were first then the elderly in nursing homes and assisted living.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I received Emails from both the Cleveland Clinic and Drug Mart yesterday stating
it was coming an I would be contacted "soon:" to make an appointment In other
good news, I received a call from Pain Management and they are sending me the
appeal form by snail mail because I have no printer. SHe said to fill it out, sign it and
fax ir back.

Our cases are still rising but very slowly and only a few more deaths.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my first one Wednesday. All I had was the sore spot like I have with the flu shot. I got the Moderna one so I go back March 24. They gave me a CDC card showing that shot, I take it back when I get the second one and they will add it to the card. They are still working on the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. They are making them easier to store, stay longer at room temperature and more effective against variants. I saw the Pfizer CEO interviewed and he said that this will become an annual booster like the flu shot. As we get past this it will be available the way the flu shot is.
Did you get it from Drug Mart? Sorry I see you got it at Kroeger

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I got it at Kroger. All I ever got from Drug Mart was an email saying I was registered and no further action was needed. Kroger seems to be doing the most vaccinating in this area. It was frustrating to get the appointments but after several days I finally managed. They actually won't let someone make just one appointment, it is both appointments or nothing.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Ohio is on 65 and over now. There was a delay of several weeks between 65 and 70 because Ohio offered the vaccines to all teachers and school employees. That was part of an effort to get all schools open for at least some type of hybrid plan so kids would get at least some in person learning. They have some other groups of younger people being vaccinated but by and large it is 65 and over as well as teachers and school employees. Health care workers were first then the elderly in nursing homes and assisted living.
Unfortunately, Ohio is who's screwing us in this field. I think it was Indiana (or maybe Kentucky) that the next group that opens up includes anyone who has a job that's considered essential, so anyone driving a truck, any grocery store workers, fast food workers etc.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Massachusetts is really messed up with the Vaccine.. How, I do not know.. The website is ridiculous... With all the geeks at MIT.. they chose a private company for the website. It crashed the first day!!! and when reopened, had a 'waiting room'~~ only addition, which said peoples wait time were days! and Weeks!! ridiculous.

There is a legislative investigation into this matter. The website company said the state did not purchase ample, or additional products to ensure the capacity of registrants.. That sounds like a poor excuse.. Just add more servers!!

I know the governor did a great job during the shutdown, but he has done a very poor job with the vaccination plans... He is now in the process of completely reopening things.. I do not agree with what he is doing. I know economically, and psychologically, and politically, this is important; but, it does not make sense to me... too much too soon, especially with all the variants of the virus.. Seems like there are so many..