Corona Virus Now Spreading

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a new one: Someone used their foot to press the building elevator buttons 😮 There is a clear shoe print on the elevator button panel, a sneaker judging by the tread markings,. From the size of the print, I say it was an adult male. I get people don't want to use their hands to touch germy surfaces but a shoe is dirtier and germier and not as cleanable or sanitizable as hands. Use your keys or a pen or something easily cleaned to press buttons :bat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a new one: Someone used their foot to press the building elevator buttons 😮 There is a clear shoe print on the elevator button panel, a sneaker judging by the tread markings,. From the size of the print, I say it was an adult male. I get people don't want to use their hands to touch germy surfaces but a shoe is dirtier and germier and not as cleanable or sanitizable as hands. Use your keys or a pen or something easily cleaned to press buttons :bat:
Yeah. I keep a pack of Kleenex in my purse to use on doors and buttons instead of my hand.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
There’s not a grocery store in my area that has wheat germ in stock. Really, people? Wheat germ? I use it in my homemade granola. I ended up ordering it from the Bob’s Red Mill website...and was limited to only two packages because of demand! :gaah:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plenty of paper towels and tissues and toilet paper of all brands at the supermarket today. The entire aisle was full. I found some Lysol disinfectant multipurpose cleaner:yess: Hadn't seen that in months. There were a few large refill bottles of Purell but I don't need any at the moment.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like any reopening no matter how small or how it is done results in a spike, at least that is the way it has been in Ohio. Colleges are doing a hybrid of in person on campus classes and on line. Here in Franklin County we have several colleges the biggest being Ohio State so another spike is coming, that is a given. Elementary and High Schools are all on line in this county but there are some extra curriculars going on at the high school. The band is practicing, they are spread out more then normally but they are practicing. The cross country team is practicing, they are outside running but they are in tightly packed groups.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youngest and his friend were walking around Solomons Island all afternoon. Said it was very crowded and not many people were wearing masks in areas where social distancing could not happen. I happen to drive past them at one point and I must say I was happy to see them both with masks on. Interesting how two 16 year old were following the rules better than the adults.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At one point recently Ohio's positivity rate was down to 3.7%. Many kids went back to college campuses and the rate has now went over 4%. Any reopening at all and things go back up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If states aren't using a consistent criteria for testing then that criteria is going to have a big effect on positivity rate. If they are only testing people who have an obvious serious respiratory infection of some type, especially this time of year then they will have a high positivity rate. If a state is testing people who are only very mildly ill or who may have been exposed and have no symptoms then they will have a low positivity rate. If the testing criteria is consistent across states then the positivity rate would mean something, if the testing criteria isn't consistent then I don't know that the rate is really telling people much.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my facebook friends is big in a certain MLM business and they couldn't have their yearly convention, so they are having "smaller retreats" so she traveled on an airplane to go stay with a bunch of other sellers in an AirBNB for the weekend.

Oh, and she brought her 4 month old baby along for the ride. :frustrated:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My swab went in at least two inches into each nostril. I could feel it in my brain! :oops:
I guess how far the swab goes in depends on the type of test that will be run on the sample. I get tested twice a week at work and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Well stocked supplies at the supermarket today, including some elusive Lysol spray and cleaners. Images can be viewed bigger if you click on them.

20200912_073643[1].jpg

20200912_073825[1].jpg
20200912_073841[1].jpg
20200912_073911[1].jpg
20200912_073930[1].jpg

Bone in chicken thighs are on sale for $0.79 / lb, no limit on the number of packages. I bought one pack and noticed that instead of the usual 10 thighs it was just 8. There was plenty of chicken and other meats at the supermarket. Seems like the meat shortage / hoarding is over at least for the time being?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I scored some isopropyl alcohol yesterday, the first I’ve seen since March! :yess: There were three small bottles left, and I took one. I’ll admit, I had my hands on two, but after an internal struggle, I put one back.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess how far the swab goes in depends on the type of test that will be run on the sample. I get tested twice a week at work and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Well stocked supplies at the supermarket today, including some elusive Lysol spray and cleaners. Images can be viewed bigger if you click on them.

View attachment 350781

View attachment 350782
View attachment 350783
View attachment 350784
View attachment 350785

Bone in chicken thighs are on sale for $0.79 / lb, no limit on the number of packages. I bought one pack and noticed that instead of the usual 10 thighs it was just 8. There was plenty of chicken and other meats at the supermarket. Seems like the meat shortage / hoarding is over at least for the time being?
Wow!! That is a great stash!

I managed to pick up some Clorox and Lysol wipes at Walmart on Wednesday. A friend alerted me to the supply. I ran down there. By the time I got there, the Lysol spray was all gone, and the Wipes were almost nil, just about 20 left. I did grab a couple bottles of Microban.

I am all set for cleaning supplies, except for one more bottle of toilet bowl cleaner.

I am only going to replace what I have used, at this point. Also, the weekly produce/perishables. I have absolutely no room to put supplies. I am well stocked. Going to eat out of the freezer, and replace what I have used.

With having allergies, tissues are a big thing to me. I have a good stock and just replacing what I use, weekly.
~~~~~~~~~
Long story, but I got myself another Covid test, yesterday.

The take out place, next door, Kelly's Roast Beef, had 4 positive cases, closed down for a few days, all employees screened; professional cleaning crew to sanitize.

A week ago, I got a roast beef sandwich from them, and some iced coffee the week before...and last weekend. One of the positive employees is a tenant in my building.. I was talking with her about 10 days ago. I kept my distance, but her mask kept falling below her nose.. she got tired of fixing it, and kept getting closer and closer... Also she has a pet bunny.. The bunny was on the bench. It smelt Geoffrey so came right over to me.. I kept petting it..

I know I may be going overboard, but I changed my docs appointment, Friday, to a telephone one; and made an appointment at Rite-Aid for a Test.
I am self isolating, until I get the results.

This test was much different. I had to go through the drive through pharmacy window. I administered the test myself. I had to put the swab into each nostril, about 2 inches, twirl it around for 15 seconds, then place it in a tube, which contained media. It was not bad.. it really wasn't..

The first test, provided in my building was administered through EMT's.. It went much deeper, over 2 inches. It felt as if my brain was being biopsied....

I know I am just being overcautious; but my city is one of the hot spots in the state. This is too close to home for me.

Just goes to show you: if you let your guard down a bit; Covid will sneak in... it is an insidious, dangerous virus...

Be careful, and stay safe.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went down the disinfectant aisle today out of habit I have got stocked up now, it took all summer but I got it done. They had all the elusive things at once today, Lysol disinfectant wipes, clorox disinfectant wipes and the Lysol spray. The disinfectant wipes were only in the smaller container, I think those are 35 wipes and they had a limit of three. They had the Lysol spray in both the smaller and larger cans.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like the meat shortage / hoarding is over at least for the time being?
I'm pretty sure the meat packing plants are operating at full capacity now, or at least the ones around here are. So, yeah, there should be plenty of meat. Smithfield had to pay a fine from OSHA for not protecting their workers soon enough. . .I'm not sure what they changed but I guess OSHA is satisfied anyway.

I'm going shopping today, I hope the stores here are stocked up like that!