Corona Virus Now Spreading

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We are, but are numbers are starting to plateau instead of going down. I'm concerned they are going to start going up.
I have been watching the numbers, especially the percentage, slowly, ever so slightly increase over the past few days.... concerning to me.

I am getting my hair cut.. every 6 weeks..My stylist is taking all the precautions which are necessary. I feel safe in there. I still have InstaCart, just in case--for the future.
Stocking up... never know...

I do not feel comfortable just 'running' out to the store for one thing. I go for a ton of things. I have a tiny apartment, and storage space is nil. My closet is full of extras. Some things I do need to get; soap, dish soap, deodorant, toothpaste, Q-tips, paper towels, napkins, skin lotions, to have on hand.. also oatmeal, and some Playtex gloves, for the cleaning the litter box, furballs, etc.. I think I am ok with everything else. I can order some things.

My credit cards have never had such a high balance.. It is a juggling thing, financially, this month.
Keeping the cash I have, on hand.. charging so much.. Amazon is making out like a bandit with disposable masks, gloves... now they are slowly starting to appear in stores.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Menards today and they had 64 oz jugs of 80% alcohol plus hydrogen peroxide hand sanitizer for $10. I like this spray sanitizer much better than the aloe gel kind. I am pretty well stocked now on both kinds.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, I fully expect to contract it. We've hit three million cases in the US. It's looking more and more inevitable :frown:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, I fully expect to contract it. We've hit three million cases in the US. It's looking more and more inevitable :frown:
Not if you stay in your house all day everyday like I do... :rolleyes: :oops:😭🥺 But yes, going out feels like it is inevitable.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, actually I haven't even felt safe in my own house due to someone I live with not taking advised precautions.... 🥺

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've felt like crap for the past 3 days. I'm trying to get in to be tested but they're making it sound like they don't test just anyone. The receptionist said that "the COVID nurses will review my symptoms and call me back to determine if I should be tested" but they haven't called back yet.

But if this is as bad as it gets I'm fine with that. It just seems like a cold, although usually when I have a cold I cough up a lot of mucus (TMI, sorry!) and this time it's a dry cough.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've felt like crap for the past 3 days. I'm trying to get in to be tested but they're making it sound like they don't test just anyone. The receptionist said that "the COVID nurses will review my symptoms and call me back to determine if I should be tested" but they haven't called back yet.

But if this is as bad as it gets I'm fine with that. It just seems like a cold, although usually when I have a cold I cough up a lot of mucus (TMI, sorry!) and this time it's a dry cough.
Hope you feel better, and it turns out to be a false alarm.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I hope you feel better! My friend in SD was tested for covid and thankfully it came back negative, but she was surprised she got tested at all; she said a lot of people she knows who are feeling unwell or were exposed are told to "just assume it's covid and not waste a test." I guess that's one way to keep the numbers down...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they called back and I have an e-appointment with a doctor at 11:45, and, assuming she thinks I warrant a test, she'll order one and they're doing drive-up tests in the hospital parking lot.

I had like a 10-minute coughing fit before I got out of bed :/. I really haven't had a cough like this before.

On the plus side, if I test positive I get 2 paid weeks off work. On the downside, they really can't spare me at work. So that stinks. But they'll muddle through.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm already symptomatic! But so far it's like a bad cold. And in fact may BE a bad cold, not COVID, we'll see.
Do you have a fever with your symptoms? I hope you dont have the virus. And if you do then i hope the symptoms you have now are the only symptoms that occur and it goes away. Fingers crossed that you dont have it at all.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The more you test you will find more infections is correct because the test result is showing widespread infection, the point is that if there aren't widespread infections then the results of the test would be lower no matter how many tests you do.

When you reopen for businesses, the public has to keep following social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, use hand sanitizers, cleaning and disinfecting everything every hour, need good air ventilation etc. If staff or a member of the public is sick, they need to stay at home and get tested. If you don't do that, then the infection will rise.

Also, the reason why everyone should wear a mask, if I am asymptomatic and wearing a mask, and the other person is wearing a mask, then there is a very low chance of my infecting the other person. Its because we are not testing asymptomatic people who can spread infections so when you walk out into the public, you don't know who is asymptomatic.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you dont have the virus.
I kind of hope I do, because I might develop some immunity. If I'm gonna be sick, let's make it worth something! I know evidence is mixed about developing immunity, but there must be at least a little, I'm sure.

I mean, as long as it stays this mild anyway. I don't want my lungs to solidify or anything.

I was tested yesterday, it tickled but wasn't terrible (like some people say it was). 24-72 hours for test results :/.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was tested yesterday, it tickled but wasn't terrible (like some people say it was). 24-72 hours for test results :/.
Are they doing the nasal or saliva test where you are?