Corona Virus Now Spreading

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a. . .gimp suit, isn't it?. . .:oops:

I think the panic buying has mostly subsided here. I went to Walmart around 5 pm, the dairy section and the pasta aisle were fully stocked, and they even had some toilet paper. Not a full shelf but a decent amount. And there were a fair amount of household disinfectants, they even had some laundry sanitizer (which I've been looking for). The meat section was a bit sparse but not empty, and of course there wasn't any rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. They took down the crowd control lines, but then it is a small-town Walmart; I don't know what other Walmarts are doing. Looked fairly normal-ish, really, except for all the employees wearing masks.

I keep seeing couples where the wife is wearing gloves and a mask but the husband isn't wearing anything. Yeah, I'm sure we're all so impressed by your macho-ness, tough guy :rolleyes:. Way to germ it up for the rest of us.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Way to germ it up for the rest of us.
I like that. I’m going to have to borrow it. I have a neighbor that routinely gets too close to people and wears her mask like it’s a scarf..down around her neck. :mad: Of course, I’ll say it under my breath, but still, it will be satisfying. :)

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom I notice you are in the Mojave! What part, if I may ask? The three best years of my life were spent in Pinon Hills. I miss it SO much.
I'll give you a hint: I live in a very large international tourist destination city whose mayor just recently made a complete fool of herself on the news. Moved to this town 22 years ago when the population was about a third of what it is now.

Staying safe when shopping` 😀´​
View attachment 331818
~~😷~~​
Cue all the BDSM shops getting flooded with orders...

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sat next to a lady on the train this morning who was wearing one plastic glove. Yet she was touching everything with both hands? It wasn't a latex glove, it was the type of clear plastic one used in food prep. Not sure what she thought she was preventing with that.

social distancing is being relaxed this week and the campaign is set to end on May 5th. Churches have started holding services and a few of the music clubs I go to have started having shows again, though the bands that are playing are still almost entirely the new generation who are young and don't have as much to lose should something happen! I almost went to a show on Saturday, but decided to skip another week to be "responsible"

We have had 10 new cases in the whole country the past few days. Only one case in Seoul in the past week and that was an arrival from America.

My friends in China have also started showing things opening up. A friend in Shanghai had a birthday picnic and her football club is training again. Our club in Seoul hopes to start soon, but the American military base has extended its policies until Memorial Day, so we might not have anywhere to train as most of the regular soccer fields around Seoul will probably be booked solid since everyone's been off for two months.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* for you, Katie M Katie M and yes, quarantining if sick in any way, especially in the chest/bronchial/lung region, is good insurance!!! Please stay safe!
Xraystyle Xraystyle Too soon. *PRAYERS* for you all, too. Yeah, USA is by far the worst in terms of numbers. International travel should be shut DOWN until this thing burns itself out. :sigh:
furmonster mom furmonster mom Oh. THAT part of the Mojave. Well, she's far from the only moron among us. I can NOT wrap my mind around the (lack of) thinking of these people -- if they want to risk their own lives, I guess that's up to them, but putting the rest of us at risk? I won't say what I think should be the punishment for that. And in your particular location, which attracts so many "rugged individualist" risk-takers anyway? :disturbed::disappointed:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been struggling with my parents, particularly my father. And he's a microbiologist! He just really, really struggles staying home. They live about 30 minutes from town and under normal circumstances it's not uncommon for him to go to town twice a day (he's retired). My mom has made him go in to stores super early before anyone else and to wear his mask and gloves, but he's insistent that he needs to go to stores for items for his various projects. I've tried to explain to him that dandelion poison is not necessary but it falls on deaf ears.

I'm obviously concerned for both of them but for myself as well. What has concerned me is the information coming out is the clotting that the illness causes and that there has been a higher incidence of young individuals having serious strokes; I have been told before that I could be at risk for strokes due to my migraines + the fact that I take birth control. It's scary how other areas of the body are being effected, not just the lungs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been struggling with my parents, particularly my father. And he's a microbiologist! He just really, really struggles staying home. They live about 30 minutes from town and under normal circumstances it's not uncommon for him to go to town twice a day (he's retired). My mom has made him go in to stores super early before anyone else and to wear his mask and gloves, but he's insistent that he needs to go to stores for items for his various projects. I've tried to explain to him that dandelion poison is not necessary but it falls on deaf ears.

I'm obviously concerned for both of them but for myself as well. What has concerned me is the information coming out is the clotting that the illness causes and that there has been a higher incidence of young individuals having serious strokes; I have been told before that I could be at risk for strokes due to my migraines + the fact that I take birth control. It's scary how other areas of the body are being effected, not just the lungs.
YES on all of the above, KittyFriday KittyFriday . You and your mom can only do so much to try to convince your dad, unfortunately.
Some people just don't get, or are in denial about, the gravity of this virus. If the authorities had started from the first by saying it is like A BAD PNEUMONIA (plus, of course) and NOT like the flu or a cold, I think more people would have begun to grasp it. They knew this on Dec. 31, 2019, because that is how the first reported case in Wuhan was described. A BAD PNEUMONIA.
Please stay safe.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I know the struggle. Both my parents are retired and I've had similar conversations with them. The best part is my Dad going to multiple stores to look for rubbing alcohol when he doesn't need the rubbing alcohol if he wasnt going to stores.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad and step mom have taken in my step mom's parents. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years BOTH of their memories have deteriorated, but in the last 6 months or so, it's gotten pretty bad. They have had to hide the cars keys and have to explain to them almost every day that they can't leave. They still know who they are and how to do things, but just do not remember or grasp what's going on right now.