Corona Virus Now Spreading

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to see him last summer in Denver, but he was feeling poorly then, and another band took his spot last minute. So I'm not sure how well he was doing before he got the virus and I'm sure it was, sadly, too much for him.
Yeah he'd had neck cancer and lung cancer in the past, and who knows what else. I wanted to see him too. His wife had Covid-19 also, both came down with it after a trip to Europe.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, I know this involves our Prime Minister. But this is not meant to be a political dig or anything. This is simply a hilarious and cringe worthy use of words. I laughed by butt off. Enjoy!
Trudeau Says ‘Speaking Moistly’ During Coronavirus Update, Regrets It Immediately

LOL! EW!
I can't wait for all the memes to come out on this! :lol:
Brain farts like that are common in bilingual people. Wouldnt be surprised if he was thinking postillonner (french) and couldnt come up with the english fast enough.

Hes obviously having difficulty coming up with the right words in the video.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I literally go to the store kicking and screaming now. I never liked shopping or going out all 64 years of my life but now it feels like a simple 30 minute trip takes 2 or 3 hours. And Mom can't put together a grocery list of the different stores so I can do it all at once. No. she has to send me out every single day to do this. She pays no attention to the only essential items. Well if I get fined, she's paying it. Because if it was just me I can get by for the next 2 months with what we have around here instead of all these stupid unnecessary grocery trips. Sorry for the vent but it does take like hours to get ready, do the shopping and sanitizing when you get home. And she doesn't care.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I literally go to the store kicking and screaming now. I never liked shopping or going out all 64 years of my life but now it feels like a simple 30 minute trip takes 2 or 3 hours. And Mom can't put together a grocery list of the different stores so I can do it all at once. No. she has to send me out every single day to do this. She pays no attention to the only essential items. Well if I get fined, she's paying it. Because if it was just me I can get by for the next 2 months with what we have around here instead of all these stupid unnecessary grocery trips. Sorry for the vent but it does take like hours to get ready, do the shopping and sanitizing when you get home. And she doesn't care.
Don't be sorry! That is not only extremely demanding, it's against the orders to do lockdown and stay home except when absolutely necessary. We are now being asked not even to go out to grocery shop for 1-2 weeks, because they think this thing will peak during this period. And delivery can't be counted on. My favorite store doesn't HAVE delivery. The mainstream supermarkets are backed up weeks in advance. Fortunately I've shopped once a month for years, and since my roomies are with me, twice a month, so I know how to plan. We think we'll get by.
In the beginning of lockdown it was our one trip out to go grocery shopping, and it was kind of exciting seeing what we could "score" but now it is as you say, hours of tedium and concern, exhausting and leaving us uncertain at the completion of our task.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I never thought of that, but they probably have a steady supply of fresh fruits and veggies, plus their bakery stuff. It's nice they're doing that, I should make an order the next time I have to go to Sioux Falls. I know they won't deliver to my house ;).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panera is now delivering groceries as they lost their business due to closed dining rooms. I don't know the charge or how many states they are in but here's a link

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/panera-grocery.html
I was interested in the pricing, but clicking the order grocery link and entering address info, it takes me to an actual menu that they normally have, and not groceries. Does it look different to anyone else?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the menu, there's a "grocery" selection, it just looks like part of the menu. The prices are high-ish but not ridiculous ($4.99 for a gallon of milk, $7.99 for a 16-pack of yogurt tubes, $1.50 per avocado, etc.). I don't know if the prices vary by location.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the menu, there's a "grocery" selection, it just looks like part of the menu. The prices are high-ish but not ridiculous ($4.99 for a gallon of milk, $7.99 for a 16-pack of yogurt tubes, $1.50 per avocado, etc.). I don't know if the prices vary by location.
Okay, thank you. A grocery section is not showing up for me under the menu heading. Wow, that is pretty pricey...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh maybe groceries cost more here. That seems just a little higher than Hy-Vee or Target prices. Walmart is cheaper, as usual, but that's Walmart for ya. People who shop at Hy-Vee or Target usually don't like Walmart ;).

This is what I see:
Screenshot_20200408-132639_Chrome.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They officially closed the schools for the rest of the school year here. Also cancelled all school sports until next school year, even those that would happen over the summer.

Also, Smithfield foods (meat processing plant) has been identified as a "hot spot" in Sioux Falls, with over 80 cases among the employees. So, um, cook your meat thoroughly I guess.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The managers of my apartment building seriously need to crack down on visitors. The rate of visiting hasn't slowed. I just heard the familiar voices of two very frequent visitors.

The majority of people here are seniors, yet I feel like I'm the only person taking things seriously.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have to go this Saturday. I have been going early Saturday. I switched to organic milk a while back and I usually just get a 1/2 gallon each time. For some reason this past Saturday I picked up two, don't know why I did it but I don't need to go this Saturday.